How to join Voice Chat in Overwatch 2
Overwatch 2 Voice Chat is useful for small parties who want to get together and chat while playing Blizzard’s Hero shooter. Our guide will show you how to activate voice chat in OW2.
Communication, or comms in more technical circles, is an essential, almost critical, part of any online multiplayer shooter with team-based gameplay. Overwatch 2 ticks all the boxes and encourages Voice Chat so that players can decisively act mid-game.
If you need someone to switch to a Tank or need a teammate to heal you as go down the side for tactical flanking, then communication is vital.
If you’re new to Overwatch 2 or maybe even online shooters in general, then buddying up in a party and using Voice Chat may not be intuitive, so let’s talk you through the process in Overwatch 2.
How to turn on Voice Chat in Overwatch 2 on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Nintendo Switch
It goes without saying that you’ll need Overwatch 2 installed, an active internet connection, a headset, and at least one partner in crime to use Voice Chat.
If you do have all of this set up and are raring to go, then follow these simple steps to get you all locked into a party to use Voice Chat:
- Start up Overwatch 2 and head to the game’s main multiplayer menu.
- Once you’ve done that, go to Settings.
- Now, find Sound and press on it.
- After that, you should be able to see a sub-menu option that says Voice Chat under General, click on Voice Chat.
- Change Group Voice Chat, Team Voice Chat, and Match Voice Chat to Auto Join if you want to be able to slip into each other’s Voice Chat without invites.
- Obviously, if this is too intrusive, then you can set it to just be simply On and pick and choose which options to apply this to.
That’s all she wrote on our Overwatch 2 Voice Chat guide, and if you want even more guide content for Blizzard’s shooter, we have even more below:
Are Overwatch 2 servers down? Overwatch server status | Best Overwatch 2 PC settings: How to boost FPS & optimize graphics | Does Overwatch 2 have cross-progression crossplay? Is Overwatch 2 crossplay? | How to transfer Overwatch skins to Overwatch 2: Account merging guide | Is Overwatch 2 free-to-play? | How to play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck | How to get Golden Guns in Overwatch 2 | How to fix Overwatch 2 different version error | Best Overwatch 2 Heroes
Image Credit: Blizzard