Cold War July 1 update patch notes: Mauer der Toten tease, Double XP, & zombies fixes
Season 4 has been an exciting time for Black Ops Cold War players, and Treyarch is adding to the fun with the July 1 update that has some interesting things for the community to read in the patch notes.
There have been various changes to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War following the arrival of Season 4, such as the powerful Hand Cannon Scorestreak and major weapon buffs and nerfs.
However, there is plenty to be excited about regarding the upcoming Season 4 Reloaded update. It will bring the new Mauer der Toten Zombies map and other exciting items for players to enjoy.
Looking to help build up excitement for the new Zombies map and inject some new fun into the first-person shooter, Treyarch rolled out a new update on July 1, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
Black Ops Cold War July 1 update patch notes
NUKEJACKED 24/7, COLLATERAL COMBINED ARMS 24/7 + MORE
Black Ops II fans, it’s coming home. The NukeJacked 24/7 playlist makes its debut this week in Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer, serving up a Moshpit of 6v6 respawn modes on Nuketown ’84 and Hijacked… all the time, anytime. If you’re looking for an even bigger hit of nostalgia, Throwback Moshpit returns with an expanded map selection as Hijacked joins Nuketown ’84, Raid, Express, and Standoff in the rotation.
Collateral Combined Arms 24/7 also launches this week for everyone to experience the biggest, wildest version of our newest 12v12 map. This Combined Arms incarnation of Collateral comes complete with land and air vehicles for both teams to commandeer, including the devastating Hind helicopter. If you’ve been looking for your chance to complete those unfinished vehicle-based Operator Missions and Season Challenges on your list, now’s your chance.
This week’s update also brings Gunfight Blueprints into the mix for 2v2 fans, along with Face Off 6v6 and 12v12 Moshpit returning in both Core and Hardcore modes. NukeJacked and Throwback Moshpit are also available for our Hardcore players, so there’s something new for everyone.
“MAUER DER TOTEN” DRAWS NEAR
July is here, which means Season Four’s mid-point is fast approaching… and our next round-based Zombies map, “Mauer der Toten,” will be coming with it. The wait is almost over.
From last month’s official logo reveal and gameplay teaser video to early information on the map in our Season Four blog and Treyarch Special Broadcast, we’ve been dropping a steady stream of intel for fans to sink their teeth into.
If you’ve been keeping up with our social channels, you’ve also seen the state of Berlin after the recent undead invasion, Omega Group’s plans to keep the truth hidden from the public, and Colonel Kravchenko’s true motivation behind capturing the Requiem strike team for his own ends. We even sat down with the voice behind Samantha Maxis to catch up on the Dark Aether story in our extended interview with Julie Nathanson. But there’s still more to come.
Keep watching our channels in the coming days for intel on some of the new Omega technology you’ll get your hands on in “Mauer der Toten,” a sneak peek at our next upgradeable Zombies Perk, and more. See you then.
FOUR-DAY 2XP + 2WXP WEEKEND
Independence Day festivities kick off stateside this weekend, and we’re partying down with an extended four-day Double XP + Double Weapon XP Weekend! No matter how you’re celebrating, please be safe, have fun, and enjoy the grind.
Here’s a look at what’s new since our last update:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- (June 28) Restored the “Skyhook” Operator Skin for Park in the PlayStation® Combat Pack after addressing a related stability issue.
- NukeJacked 24/7 [NEW] (Also available in Hardcore)
- Collateral 24/7 (Combined Arms) [NEW]
- Throwback Moshpit [NEW] (Now includes Hijacked; also available in Hardcore)
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Face Off 6v6(Also available in Hardcore)
- Party Games
- 12v12 Moshpit(Also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team: Elimination
- Multi-Team Moshpit
- Nail Gun
- Addressed an issue that prevented aim assist from working as expected on the Pack-a-Punched version of the Nail Gun.
- (June 25) Topography weapon camo challenges now properly for the Nail Gun.
- (June 25) Fixed a stability issue related to the Hellhound and Plaguehound enemy tracking.
- (June 25) Addressed an issue where the scoreboard would not appear after Exfil, Game Over, or ending the game. This also addressed a rare issue where the player could fall out of the helicopter after an Exfil.
- (June 25) New Zombies tracks unlocked by the “Unknown Signal” World Event now appear in the Music Player.
Dead Ops Arcade
- (June 25) Addressed an issue where treasure would spawn less than normal from chests and in the world.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Cranked 2: No Time to Crank
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Collateral (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
While the Cold War July 1 update patch notes are not bringing a plethora of action-packed additions to the popular Call of Duty game, there is no doubt that players will be able to enjoy what this latest update is bringing over the course of the next couple of days.
For more Black Ops Cold War, check out the major issue that Zombies players are trying to resolve, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Treyarch Studios