Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Open PS4 Alpha – Day 3 Recap and Updates
Another day of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Open PS4 Alpha is coming to an end, and Infinity Ward has shared a new update on Reddit on what they added during Day 3 and what they are continuing to track in terms of feedback points for the game.
The studio has confirmed that they are looking into head glitches in the game, and more feedback points as they continue to track the community’s response.
Today also saw the addition of Stack, another Gunfight map to the rotation, alongside the Gunfight OSP mode.
From Infinity Ward:
It’s day three of the 2v2 Gunfight Open Alpha on PS4 and we’re back with another recap! Before we jump into the updates, we want to remind you that this Alpha is FREE to anyone who owns a PlayStation and you don’t need PlayStation Plus or a preorder to download and play.
Okay, let’s get to business!
Fixes and Content That Are Currently Live:
- Stack: A new 2v2 map is now in rotation! Tomorrow is the last day of the Alpha, so be sure to hop online and check out all 5 maps!
- Gunfight OSP: Instead of spawning in with a loadout, Gunfight: OSP is a variant where you’ll need to pick up weapons, lethals, and tacticals in the map
Issues We’re Looking Into:
We know this isn’t all of the feedback you’ve shared over the past three days, but here are some updates on a few issues we’ve frequently been seeing:
- Head glitches
- Explosives that cause damage through multiple surfaces
- Inconsistencies with penetrable surfaces (metal containers, wood surfaces, etc.)
- Freezing that results in a black screen when loading into a match
- Picking up equipment in Gunfight: OSP won’t auto-pickup if you press square within a certain distance
While playing, if you experience an error and see an error code on screen, please take a quick picture and send it to us on here or via Twitter. It’s super helpful in determining what’s causing the problem. To see what other issues we’re looking into, check out our Day Two recap HERE.
Lastly, thank you again for taking part in our Alpha. The suggestions, feedback, and bugs you’ve shared with us just goes to show how genuine and passionate you are about this game…and this is just a small dose of what you’ll see compared to the upcoming Beta in September and launch in October, so thank you! Be sure to check back for more information and follow us on Twitter, @InfinityWard, where we’ll be sharing your best clips, answering questions, and more.