How to use Minecraft Bedrock shaders for better visuals, animation, lighting, more
Just like Minecraft Java, Minecraft Bedrock also comes with shader support to allow you to witness vastly better visuals on platforms other than PC. So, here are the best Minecraft Bedrock shaders and how to download them.
Minecraft Bedrock is one of the most played versions of Minecraft, which is because of its accessibility on platforms other than PC. You may consider it to be better than Java Edition due to this very fact. However, shader support is one area where Java Edition has always got the better of Bedrock Edition.
Shaders allow you to modify Minecraft’s lighting, animations, and visuals, making the experience similar to what you would have when using a high-end graphics card powered by Ray Tracing technology. In Java Edition, all you have to do is download and install mods, but the process is a little different in Bedrock Edition.
So, here’s how you can use shaders for Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
- Minecraft Bedrock shaders: How to download & install
Minecraft Bedrock shaders: How to download & install
There are two methods to use Minecraft Bedrock shaders. You can either download a shader of your choice from a modding website or take advantage of Mojang’s shader support options. Let’s go over both of these options.
How to download Minecraft Bedrock shaders online
In order to download Minecraft Bedrock shaders from external websites, all you have to do is use websites like curseforge, 9minecraft, and MCPEDL to identify what shaders you want and download them. Here’s how you can do that:
- Search for Minecraft Bedrock Shaders in your browser. This will result in several modding websites popping up, like Curseforge, MCPEDL, and more. Curseforge in particular is quite reliable, but you can go with any website you want as long as it is trusted.
- Navigate to the website’s search bar and type the name of the shader you’d like to install. Add the word “RTX” in the search bar as well, in order to gain access to a bunch of shaders that are considered ready-to-use RTX technology in Minecraft.
- Compare the shader’s version with that of your game. If they match, download the shader. Certain shaders will mention if they’re compatible with older versions or not, so take that into account as well.
- Next, go to the Downloads folder in your device, and click on the shader you want to import to your game. This should open Minecraft Bedrock and import your shader into the game.
- You can now test the shader by pressing the Play button and creating a new world.
- Select the Resource Packs option on the left side of the screen, and click on the Activate button after selecting a shader from the Owned tab. You can now play Minecraft Bedrock with shaders activated.
However, it is important to remember that this process will require you to check if you have an RTX-enabled device. To do that, you’ll need to access the video settings of your game and check if the option to enable Ray Tracing is available or greyed out.
If it’s available, carry on and download any shader you like from the websites given above, and they should run with your copy of the game. If not, read on because Mojang’s got your back!
How to use in-game shaders in Minecraft Bedrock
As mentioned above, Mojang Studios recently implemented official shader support for Minecraft Bedrock. This means that players are now able to access shaders without downloading from external sources.
However, this feature is only available in beta access right now, so you can either sign up for it on Minecraft’s parent website and help Mojang test it, or you can download shaders online, which would, again, depend on your device being RTX enabled.
That’s everything you need to know about Minecraft Bedrock shaders and how to use them. For more on Minecraft, check out our guides below:
How to get a saddle in Minecraft | How to grow mushrooms in Minecraft | How to change Minecraft username | How to make a bed in Minecraft | How to dye leather armor in Minecraft | How to cure a Zombie villager in Minecraft | How to make and use a beacon in Minecraft