How to get more wishes and Primogems in Genshin Impact
You need wishes to unlock your favorite characters and weapons in Genshin Impact, and here’s a guide to getting more wishes and Primogems.
Unless you spend money, getting wishes in Genshin Impact is certainly not an easy task. If you are struggling to get the best characters and weapons, here’s a guide to getting more Primogems and wishes in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact has a gacha system that doesn’t allow players to get a lot of Primogems. Primogem is the game’s premium currency that helps in purchasing Intertwined and Acquaint Fates. Owing to the scarcity of Primogems, many prefer to reroll for their favorite characters and weapons.
Players can wish on banners through Fates. A Fate can be purchased with 160 Primogems and at every 10 wishes, the game guarantees a four-star item. Hence, to expand and improve your collection, you must have a decent supply of Fates to wish on banners.
Here’s how to get more wishes and Primogems in Genshin Impact to unlock the best five-star characters and weapons.
- How to get more wishes in Genshin Impact
- How to get more Primogems in Genshin Impact
How to get more wishes in Genshin Impact
You can get more wishes in Genshin Impact through Primogems, the Battle Pass, events, open-world mechanics like the Sacred Sakura tree, The Chasm’s Lumenstone Adjuvant and Dragonspine’s Frostbearing tree, and Adventure Rank ascension.
There are two types of wishes in miHoYo’s action RPG called Intertwined Fate and Acquaint Fate. Intertwined Fates can be used to wish on the limited-time character event wish banner and the weapon banner while Acquaint Fates are used to wish on the Standard/Permanent banner.
Both Intertwined and Acquaint Fates cost 160 Primogems, but other methods to obtain them vary.
How to get Intertwined Fates in Genshin Impact
Here’s every source of getting Intertwined Fates in Genshin Impact:
- The in-game shop called Paimon’s Bargains:
- You can purchase one Intertwined Fate for 160 Primogems or five Masterless Starglitter or 75 Masterclass Stardust (capped to five/per month). Masterless Starglitter is a reward for obtaining constellations and Masterless Stardust is a reward for wishing on banners.
- Battle Pass rewards one Intertwined Fate at lv. 10, 20, 30, and 40.
- The Frostbearing tree in Dragonspine grants two Intertwined Fates when players level it up to Lv. 6.
- The Sacred Sakura tree in Inazuma grants two Intertwined Fates when players level it up to Lv. 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50.
- The Lumenstone Adjuvant in The Chasm grants two Intertwined Fates when players upgrade it to Lv. 8.
- Events during Genshin Impact’s anniversary and in-game festivals often arrive with log-in events that reward players with Intertwined Fates for logging in.
How to get Acquaint Fates in Genshin Impact
Here’s every source to obtain Aquaint Fates in Genshin Impact:
- The in-game shop called Paimon’s Bargains:
- You can purchase one Acquaint Fate for 160 Primogems or five Masterless Starglitter or 75 Masterclass Stardust (capped to five/per month).
- Battle Pass rewards one Acquaint Fate at Lv. 10, 20, 30, and 40.
- You get one Acquaint Fate after ascending any character to Phases 1, 3, and 5.
- You get two Acquaint Fates for completing an Adventure Rank ascension dungeon. There will be four occasions where you’ll need to complete these additional quests (AR 25, AR 35, AR 45, and AR 50).
- The Adventurer Handbook grants two Acquaint Fates upon completing some challenges.
- Frostbearing tree in Dragonspine offers four Acquaint Fates after reaching certain levels.
- Inazuma’s Sacred Sakura tree offers twenty Acquaint Fates for reaching certain levels.
- The Chasm’s Lumenstone Adjuvant hands out four Acquaint Fates as a reward for leveling it up.
All in all, you need to play a lot of Genshin Impact to get more wishes but it is important to spend your time on the right things. Some game mechanics like artifact and weapon domains won’t hand you wishes. However, if you focus more on exploring the open world and completing events and quests, you’ll be rewarded with Primogems and wishes.
- Read More: How to process ingredients in Genshin Impact
Primogems are the most reliable source of wishes in Genshin Impact. Hence, it’s important for players to know about the best ways to get Primogems.
How to get more Primogems in Genshin Impact
These are some of the best sources of Primogems in Genshin Impact:
Renewable sources to get Primogems:
- Blessing of Welkin Moon monthly subscription – 2700 Primogems (90/day).
- Battle Pass – 680 Primogems
- Daily Commissions – 60 Primogems for completing four commissions (40) and collecting the Adventurer’s Guilds award (20).
- HoYolab community-check in (60 Primogems for logging in daily for a month).
- The Spiral Abyss grants 600 Primogems for completing Floors 9-12 with 36 stars. The Spiral Abyss resets on the 1st and 16th of every month.
Non-renewable sources to get Primogems:
- Complete Floors 1-8 of the Spiral Abyss with three stars on every floor – 2400 Primogems.
- Quests – Archon quests, event quests, Story quests, Hangout quests, and World Quests.
- Completing tasks in the Adventurer Handbook.
- Completing one-time Domains.
- Unlocking tutorials related to bosses, open-world mechanics, and puzzles.
- Chests (0-40 Primogems depending on the chest’s rarity).
- Leveling up Statues of the Seven in every region.
- Promo codes from Genshin Impact Special Programs.
- Serenitea Pot
- Increasing Trust Rank.
- Companion gifts.
- Adventure Rank rewards.
Clearly, there are many ways to earn Primogems in Genshin Impact. If you’re someone who’s done with all the quests but wants Primogems, now might be a good time to get out there and explore all the regions. By defeating enemies and solving puzzles, you’ll be able to reach hidden places that have chests as well as other resources like Anemocolus, Geocolus, or Electrocolus.
Similarly, players who’ve explored the entire map can now switch to completing quests. Do note that you must roam around and find NPCs that give you World Quests.
Veterans who’re done with quests and exploration can mainly wait for the Spiral Abyss reset and try to get the 600 Primogems through it. Competing your Daily Commissions every day is also a stable source of Primogems. Last but not least, new events are constantly released in Genshin Impact and they’re a great way to earn rewards such as wishes, characters, ascension resources, and Primogems.
This was everything to know about getting more wishes and Primogems in Genshin Impact. Spending money and buying Primogems is always an option but to be fair, the majority of the community is still free-to-play. Becoming a whale (a person who spends heavily on Genshin Impact) isn’t feasible for everyone.
For similar content, check out our Genshin Impact guides on Elemental Mastery and the best five-star and four-star Claymores.
Image Credits: miHoYo
Are Pokemon Go servers down? Current server status
If you're experiencing connectivity issues during your playing sessions, here are some useful tips to check the Pokemon Go server...
All Whiscash weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If you're looking to defeat or catch Whiscash in a Pokemon game, here's everything you need to know about its...
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Armor changes, AEK 971, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's Update 4.1 that brings more classic weapons and gameplay changes.