Claymores in Genshin Impact are slow but their damage output is tremendous. If you have a Claymore user in your team, this guide on the best Claymores in Genshin Impact will certainly help you.
Claymores have never gone out of trend in Genshin Impact. Razor is almost everyone’s first main DPS, Beidou is finally getting credit for her outrageous damage multipliers, and despite being released two years ago, Diluc is still one of the best damage dealers in the game.
Characters in Genshin Impact unlock their true potential only after you provide them with great weapons and artifacts. Claymore users are no exception, and these Claymores in Genshin Impact are arguably the best in terms of damage and flexibility.
What is the best Claymore in Genshin Impact?
The Redhorn Stonethresher is the best Claymore in Genshin Impact. Why? 88.2% Crit DMG. You don’t even need to read this weapon’s passive ability (which is not bad either) to claim that it’s the best Claymore in Genshin Impact.
- Read More: Is Pokemon Scarlet and Violet open world?
The Redhorn Stonethresher has 542 Base ATK at Lv. 90 and has the following passive ability:
- DEF is increased by 28~56% (depending on Refinement ranks). Normal and Charged Attack DMG is increased by 40~80% (depending on Refinement rank) of DEF.
While characters like Itto or Noelle literally become unstoppable with this passive, it isn’t a bad option for other DPS units like Diluc or Eula too. Your defense is getting a buff and it is indirectly adding to the Normal and Charged ATK damage. Moreover, there’s no substitute for the 88.2% Crit DMG granted by this weapon.
Most versatile Claymores in Genshin Impact
To be fair, every weapon in Genshin Impact has a purpose and is tailor-made for at least one character (except The Bell). Having said that, the game’s player base is largely F2P and these players do not have the privilege of unlocking signature five-star weapons for their characters.
For this reason, versatility is the best way to evaluate a weapon in Genshin Impact and these are the best most versatile Claymores that you won’t regret unlocking:
- Base ATK – 52-510
- Sub-stat – ATK (9%-41.3%)
- Passive ability: For every point of the entire party’s combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12~0.24%. A maximum of 40~80% increased Elemental Burst DMG can be achieved this way.
For a four-star Claymore, the Akuoumaru has decent base ATK, and its passive ability buffs the character’s Elemental Burst which is always desirable.
- Read More: Can you gift V-Bucks in Fortnite?
A lot of Claymore users like Beidou, Eula, Razor, Itto, and Diluc need their Elemental Bursts for damage and Akuoumaru can be beneficial for them.
- Base ATK – 42-510
- Sub-stat – Crit Rate (6%-27.6%)
- Passive ability: Every 4s a character is on the field, they will deal 6~10% more DMG and take 3~2% more DMG. This effect has a maximum of 5 stacks and will not be reset if the character leaves the field, but will be reduced by 1 stack when the character takes DMG
The Serpent Spine is arguably the strongest four-star Claymore in Genshin Impact. Players always struggle to get Crit stats, especially on their DPS units, and then there’s a four-star weapon that grants almost 28% Crit Rate instantly.
- Read More: How many people play Genshin Impact?
The passive ability buffs the damage of Normal attacks, Charged attacks, and Elemental skills. However, you must avoid taking damage as it makes your character slightly vulnerable.
- Base ATK – 44-565
- Sub-stat – ATK (12%-55.1%)
- Passive ability: On hit, Normal or Charged Attacks have a 50% chance to deal an additional 240~480% ATK DMG to opponents within a small AoE. Can only occur once every 15s.
The Prototype Archaic definitely gets some extra points for being F2P. It is far more accessible than any other weapon on this list but still packs a punch.
Prototype Archaic’s base ATK is its biggest highlight. For a F2P four-star weapon, 565 Base ATK at Lv. 90 is very impressive. The sub-stat provides yet another ATK buff and clearly, this weapon is a great fit for any damage-dealing character.
- Base ATK – 48-674
- Sub-stat – Energy Recharge (8%-36.8%)
- Passive ability: Increases all DMG by 8~16%. After using an Elemental Burst, Normal or Charged Attack, on hit, creates a vacuum blade that does 80~160% of ATK as DMG to opponents along its path. Lasts for the 20s or 8 vacuum blades.
The Skyward Pride is far more flexible than the Song of Broken Pines because Eula, Sayu, Razor, and Beidou have high energy costs. The Skyward Pride can fulfill the energy requirements of these characters and you can focus more on aggressive stats (ATK and Crit Rate/DMG) with the artifacts.
- Read More: How to beat Arlo in Pokemon Go
Moreover, the passive ability provides a massive damage buff which never goes waste.
- Base ATK – 46-608
- Sub-stat – ATK (10.8%-49.6%)
- Passive ability: Increases ATK by 20~40%. On hit, attacks against opponents with less than 30% HP increase all party members’ ATK by 40~80% for 12s. Can only occur once every 30s.
The Wolf’s Gravestone is all about attack. From a high base ATK to almost 50% extra attack from the sub-stat to another ATK buff from the passive, your damage dealers can easily make the most of this Claymore in Genshin Impact.
This explains why the Wolf’s Gravestone is one of the best Claymores in Genshin Impact even after two years of release.
The Unforged and Song of Broken Pines haven’t been added to this list because of their limited usefulness as five-star weapons. The Unforged is only great for shield units while the Physical DMG bonus is not great unless you have Eula or Razor.
Genshin Impact has a ton of mechanics that players must learn about to progress. If you’re confused about elements and reactions, make sure to check out this guide on Elemental Mastery in Genshin Impact.
Image Credits: miHoYo
How to get Messi, Pogba & Neymar Jr skins in Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
Neymar Jr., Messi, and Pogba will arrive in MW2 and Warzone 2 as Operators during the Modern Warfare FC event.
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 15 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 15 is here, but which Legends are dominating Season 15 of Respawn's battle royale so far?
Best SMGs in Modern Warfare 2: Every Submachine Gun ranked
If you're looking for the best SMGs to use in Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, we've ranked every Submachine Gun from...