How to master Fuse in Apex Legends: Abilities, Ultimate, Tips & Tricks
Season 8 of Respawn Entertainment’s popular battle royale extravaganza welcomes the newest Legend, Fuse. We have a quick guide to walk you through the new character and his abilities.
Hailing from his home planet of Salvo, Walter “Fuse” Fitzroy is an aggressive character that likes things to go boom in a hurry. As such, his abilities perfectly complement his playstyle and personality and provide excess amounts of doom to make things go kaboom.
Fuse also wields his trusty 30-30 Repeater Rifle to help in battle. The lever-action rifle expels big damage if used correctly and is great at long-range too.
To welcome Apex Legends’ newest character, we’ve put together this guide explaining Fuse’s abilities and Ultimate so that you can better understand the chaos and destruction you’re walking into.
How to unlock Fuse in Apex Legends Season 8
Before we even get down to the nitty-gritty, we need to ensure that he’s unlocked in the first place. There are two distinctively different approaches you can take to unlocking Fuse.
Here are the two ways you can unlock Fuse:
- Spend 12,000 Legend Tokens
- Spend 750 Apex coins
The key difference between these options is that Legend Tokens are free, and Apex coins require you to spend real money. Find out how to get Legend tokens in Apex Legends.
Fuse Passive Ability: Grenadier
Fuse’s right arm contains a spring-loaded device that can fling an impactful grenade huge distances.
You can stack an extra grenade per slot and the mechanism means that these grenades can be flung much farther and a lot quicker too.
Grenadier tips & tricks
- Get teammates to feed you projectiles to keep firing grenades, that extra slot really allows Fuse to become a relentless machine that can keep peppering enemies
- Pick your favorite grenade as the Frag Grenade, Thermite Grenade, and Arc Star can all be they can all be thrown
- Practice, practice, practice to improve your aim, you can fling objects almost anywhere, so if you “git gud”, then you’ll be unstoppable at any distance and spot
Fuse Tactical Ability: Knuckle Cluster
The amusingly-titled weapon can unleash a devastating cluster bomb that continually spits out airburst explosives around the initial impact.
It’s a great weapon for inflicting damage and disorientating an opponent due to its distracting fireworks show.
Knuckle Cluster tips & tricks
- Provide covering fire with the Grenadier as the explosions will distract enemies, allowing your allies to go in for the kill
- It can be used to destroy the equipment, and even Ultimates, of other Legends such as Loba’s Black Market, Rampart’s Shields, and even Revenant’s ultimate
- Be aware of Wattson, his Interception Pylons can do exactly that and stop them from detonating
Ultimate Ability: The Motherlode
If you’ve been able to survive long enough, then your Ultimate Ability will be ready, meaning you can let the Motherlode feed.
Where’s Wally? Well, he’s the name of Fuse’s Armageddon-like mortar launcher and isn’t very well hidden. The powerful weapon scatters an entire area with fire causing big damage to any poor foe that comes into contact with it and entrapping them in the process.
The Motherlode tips & tricks
- Use Fuse’s Ultimate to lockdown an area e.g a Respawn Beacon or a Supply Crate to stop enemies from using either of them
- Just like the Knuckle Cluster, once launched, your allies can move towards the afflicted area and ambush your enemies
- Note: it’s only the outer ring itself that causes damage, so anyone tapped in the middle can stay still and won’t be harmed, but are susceptible to incoming attacks
- The ring can still hurt Fuse and teammates as it doesn’t discriminate
- Use a Legend like Caustic to throw a gas grenade into the ring so that isolated players receive damage, forcing them to either flee through the fire or die from the gas
That covers all of Fuse’s abilities and it’s now up to you to decide how you’re going to make the most of this explosives expert.
Image credits: Respawn Entertainment