How to level up fast in Genshin Impact
Leveling up is one of the most basic yet important tasks in action RPGs like Genshin Impact. If you’ve just started out or have reached a plateau, here’s how to level up fast in Genshin Impact.
There are several ways to gain experience in Genshin Impact. By completing quests and domains, you gain EXP that adds to your Adventure Rank (currently capped at AR 60). Moreover, every character and weapon has its own level that you can increase with special books and items.
Clearly, there are a lot of avenues for you to increase your level in Genshin Impact but the abundance of options also leads to confusion. If you’re someone who’s going through a similar dilemma, here’s how to quickly increase your Adventure Rank and the level of your characters in Genshin Impact.
How to quickly increase your Adventure Rank in Genshin Impact
These are the mechanics that you should focus on for increasing your Adventure Rank quickly in Genshin Impact:
- Quests – Archon quests, Story quests, World Quests, and Hangout events grant a lot of EXP that adds to your Adventure Rank. Archon and Story Quests are automatically displayed in the Quests menu but you’ll have to wander in the open world to get World Quests from NPCs marked with an exclamation mark on the map.
- Daily Commissions– Completing your four Daily Commissions regularly is a great way to boost your EXP. Including the completion reward, you can get 1500 EXP daily from them.
- Domains – Domains that grant Artifacts, Talent level-up material, Character level-up material, and Weapon ascension material also offer EXP whenever you complete the challenge and collect the rewards.
- Adventurer Handbook – Tap on the book icon on the top right corner of the screen to access the Adventurer Handbook. It has a wide range of tasks that reward EXP upon completion.
- Open-world exploration – Every chest that you open in Teyvat grants EXP that contributes to your Adventure Rank.
- Bosses – Weekly bosses and normal bosses (like the Primo Geovishap) grant EXP whenever you defeat them. You’ll have to spend Resin to collect the rewards so make sure you spend it wisely.
Increasing your Adventure Rank also helps in increasing the level of your characters. For instance, you can level up a character to Lv. 90 only when your Adventure Rank has touched 50.
How to level up your characters quickly in Genshin Impact
Leveling up characters in Genshin Impact can be tricky as you need to collect books that level up characters as well as ascension materials that increase the level cap on characters.
- Read More: Who is the ‘Unknown God’ in Genshin Impact?
Here’s how to get character EXP material such as Hero’s Wit in Genshin Impact:
- Ley Line Outcrops – There are several Ley Line Outcrops in every region and they appear on the map as yellow/blue mists. You can challenge the enemies and defeat them to get Hero’s Wit. The output from these outcrops is increased whenever there’s a Ley Line Overflow event.
- Quests – Every quest including World Quests, Archon Quests, and Story Quests grants rewards at milestones, and completing them is arguably the best way to get Hero’s Wit.
- Realm Depot – The Serenitea Pot in Genshin Impact has a separate shop named Realm Depot where you can purchase Hero’s Wit every week.
- Events – Every event arrives with a unique event currency and event shop. Usually, event shops allow players to buy a ton of Hero’s Wit with the desired event currency. Hence, completing events is a great way to level up your characters.
Alongside character EXP material, you’ll need ascension materials to properly build your characters in Genshin Impact. While some ascension materials in the game like Valberry and Philanemo Mushrooms are found in the open world, others are dropped by bosses and you can collect them with Resin.
Almost everything you do in Genshin Impact will offer rewards but if your goal is to increase your Adventure Rank or level up your favorite characters, focus on the objectives mentioned above.
Image Credits: miHoYo