How to archive skins & cosmetics in Fortnite
Fortnite’s 21.30 update gave players the ability to archive their skins and cosmetics, so here’s everything you need to know about archiving in Fortnite.
Fortnite boasts over 1000 skins, arriving in Battle Passes, events, Fortnite Crew, and the Item Shop. If you’ve been playing Fortnite for a while, your Locker is probably chock-full of skins, the majority of them you don’t use.
Does this sound like you? You’re in luck because Fortnite’s 21.30 update added a new feature where players can archive the skins and cosmetics that are clogging up their locker.
Here’s everything you need to know about archiving in Fortnite, and how to do it.
- What does archive mean in Fortnite?
- How to archive skins and cosmetics in Fortnite
- Where to find archived skins and cosmetics in Fortnite
What does archive mean in Fortnite?
Archiving a skin in Fortnite removes it from your main Locker, hiding any outfits or cosmetics that you never use.
This doesn’t mean they’re gone forever though, they’re just moved to a different folder away from the rest of your skins.
How to archive skins and cosmetics in Fortnite
Archiving skins is simple in Fortnite, you just need to bring up the archive function and click on all of the skins you wish to hide in your Locker.
Here’s everything you need to do to archive a Fortnite skin:
- Launch Fortnite
- Head to the Locker tab
- Press and hold the left stick on console or Z on PC to begin archiving
- Click on the skins you wish to archive
- Click the ‘Archive x Items’ button at the bottom of the screen
Where to find archived skins and cosmetics in Fortnite
Your Fortnite skins and cosmetics aren’t deleted once archived, they can be found inside the Archived folder when filtering your Locker.
Here’s how to find your archived Fortnite skins:
- Head to the Locker tab in Fortnite
- Either click on the ‘Sort + Filter’ tab or press RT/R2 on console
- Scroll down to the Archived tab at the bottom
- Press and hold the left stick on console or Z on PC
- Click on the skin you wish to unarchive to bring it back to your Locker
Image Credit: Epic Games