Fortnite v15.21 patch notes: Predator arrives
Just a week after the last major update, Epic Games have dropped the new 15.21 Update for Fortnite, bringing the terrifying Predator to PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
2021 is in full swing, and after a break over the festive season, Epic are back at work dropping patches for the always-popular battle royale title. After the release of the 15.20 update last week, the developers have dropped a new one on Wednesday, January 20.
While the 15.21 patch isn’t a major update, that doesn’t mean it won’t have a profound effect on the game and its meta.
Last week, a strange spaceship was discovered in the trees and Stealthy Stronghold, and it appears the alien pilot who flies this ship has finally arrived on the island, with Predator set to become the latest hunter in Fortnite Season 5.
Predator joins Fortnite Season 5
After days of speculation, Predator has finally joined the ragtag group of bounty hunters who have roamed around the Fortnite island throughout Season 5. The news won’t come as too much of a major surprise, as the alien’s ship has been sitting in Stealthy Stronghold all week, although it wasn’t clear how it would factor into Season 5.
Now, we finally know that Predator will not only be the secret skin in Fortnite’s Season 5 Battle Pass, but that he will join the group of Hunters who have been roaming the map, protecting the island’s reality after the Zero Point event.
- Read More: Fortnite FNCS 2021 prize pool & details
Predator also brings his own Mythic Weapon, his Claws, which act like a pickaxe but can do some serious damage too. According to leaks, the Claws deal 100 environmental damage, and deal 20 damage per hit to enemies with their first two strikes, while a third will deal 30.
Predator’s Cloaking Device will also be available, allowing players to go invisible for a short time. This effect will be removed when the user swaps weapons or starts to swim.
Fortnite 15.21 Bug Fixes
Of course, no Fortnite update would be complete without the developers addressing some issues and glitches that have been affecting the game.
This week, Epic are looking at problems across all Fortnite modes, and according to the game’s official Trello board, these are the bugs we can expect to see fixed following this patch. We’ll be sure to update this as the developers confirm them.
- Difficulty editing Banner with a controller.
- Long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation/Xbox.
- The sound effect of certain actions, such as opening a Chest or hitting a Weak Point, may be delayed.
- Game freezing when going to the Compete tab on PlayStation/Xbox
- Sand Tunneling temporarily disabled.
- “Devices” and “Prefabs” tabs are swapped when viewing the Creative Inventory
- Billboards that use channels to activate or hide text are not functioning properly.
Save the World
- Eliminating Takers doesn’t count towards Ventures quest.
Image Credit: Epic Games