Black Ops 3 on PC: Everything you need to know + recommended GPU’s (Nvidia & ASUS)
With Treyarch behind the development and post-launch support of Black Ops 3 for PC, it’s going to be a great year for the PC community as a whole.
We’ve put together everything you need to know about the PC release of Black Ops 3 below:
Recommended GPU’s by Nvidia depending on resolution (for 60fps target)
The below recommendations are based on a target 60fps average at each resolution, at High detail levels in Multiplayer. *Intel Core i7-4790, 8GB of RAM, Windows 10 x64.
The Nvidia Game Ready Driver for Black Ops 3 is now ready to download. More details here.
We’d recommend the ASUS line of Nvidia GTX GPU’s due to their premium build quality and reliability, DIRECTCU cooling technology, 0db fan design and more. You can see the full line up of ASUS Nvidia GPU’s here (or click the image below)
MINIMUM: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz Memory: 6 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB DirectX: Version 11 Network: Broadband Internet connection Hard Drive: 60 GB available space Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Black Ops 3 will be Windows 10 compatible. No cross-platform play between Windows 10 and Xbox One.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Mod and mapping tools coming to Black Ops 3 on PC in 2016 – Read more Treyarch has announced that for Black Ops 3 on PC, they’re adding mod tools and mapping in 2016. They’re expecting it to be available in Alpha state in March 2016.
Over the years, the Call of Duty® community has proven itself to be among the most passionate in the world – and we count ourselves fortunate to make games for you.
We’ve been listening to one of your top requests and are excited to announce that modding and mapping are coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC!
This is Treyarch’s current plan of features:
- You will be able to create Maps & Game Modes and more!
- We will include Unranked Dedicated Server Files with the tools so you can run servers with modded content anywhere you choose.
- We will provide an Unranked Server Browser so you can easily find and join servers with modded content.
- Closed Alpha target date: March 2016
Facts about the PC version of Black Ops 3
- 100% Ranked Dedicated Servers
- 2-Player Split Screen
- Seamless Game Controller Support
- Strong GPU scaling, SLI and Crossfire Optimizations, and 4K monitor support make the game look and run great at full 4K resolution
- FOV Slider
- Framerate Cap Slider
- Improved Text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
- Fantastic Steam Trading Cards – collect them all!
- Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)
Beta feedback and changes being implemented
- Some players felt that the game didn’t perform well on their computer. The good news is that the PC Beta didn’t include final performance optimizations. This work is being completed as we speak. We’re improving performance and working with hardware partners to prepare optimized drivers for launch.
- Other players described the mouse as “floaty” or “laggy.” We agree – player feedback helped us find the problem and we fixed it.
- Some players with certain networking configurations had trouble connecting to online services. Thanks to your reports we were able to fix this compatibility issue.
- During the Beta, some players provided feedback that they were experiencing various crashes, freezes, or other bugs. We’ve been dissecting each one and as a result have been able to fix a lot of bugs including many crash and freeze issues.
As per usual, PC players will need to wait approximately 4 weeks after PS4 players have received the latest DLC map pack.