Modern Warfare 2 Raids confirmed for Season 1 Reloaded: Spec Ops mode revealed
Activision have officially released details on when Raids will be coming to Modern Warfare 2, as it seems they are set to arrive during MW2’s Season 1 Reloaded update.
Modern Warfare 2 is just around the corner, as players gear up to experience the Campaign’s early access, which gives players a chance to explore the story mode before diving head first into Multiplayer.
The game will be bringing a ton of new content for players, and while the PvP experience is usually at the forefront of the community’s interest, the new Raids mode has definitely caught some attention.
That said, Activision have revealed when the new post-launch Raids will be available to players, alongside new information about the core Spec Ops experience that will be available at launch.
- Modern Warfare 2 Raids release date
- New Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops missions revealed
- Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops classes
Modern Warfare 2 Raids release date
According to a Call of Duty blog, Modern Warfare 2’s Raids will be arriving on December 14 with the Season 1 Reloaded update.
While we still don’t have any mission-specific details concerning the Raids mode which is a part of the Spec Ops experience, Activision did reveal new information about the three Spec Ops missions that will be available at launch.
New Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops missions revealed
At launch, the Spec Ops mode will bring three missions to Modern Warfare 2, “all taking place in Al Mazrah,” which is the new Warzone 2.0 map.
Here are the names and descriptions for all three Spec Ops missions coming to Modern Warfare 2 at launch:
- Bad Situation
- “Infiltrate a town in the dead of night to uncover intel and evidence left behind by Al Qatala before exfiltrating. Stealth is key to survival.”
- Vehicle Escape
- “Multiple SAM turrets are preventing reinforcements from entering Al Mazrah. With the help of a vehicle, navigate through the winding streets of a suburb to destroy them; then speed over to the exfil plane to escape.”
- Observatory Defence
- “A love letter to fans of survival modes — defend the observatory from increasingly difficult waves of enemies attempting to detonate bombs. Between each wave, Operators can spend cash to get items, such as Killstreaks, Self-Revive kits, and armor plates.”
Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops classes
When playing Spec Ops in Modern Warfare 2, “Operators will have access to a Backpack to store equipment and one of three Kits that are similar to a set of Perks, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks in Multiplayer.”
Here are all of the classes that players will need to select from in Modern Warfare 2’s Spec Ops:
- “Assault: Kit focused on increased armor with an Armor Box Field Upgrade — later levels include faster Loadout item usage, increased armor capacity, and free Stims included in the Backpack.”
- “Medic: Kit focused on quicker revives with a Stim Pistol Field Upgrade for ranged instant revives — later levels include a free Bomb Drone, similar benefits to the Double Time Perk, and free Claymores and anti-tank mines included in the Backpack.”
- “Engineer: Kit focused onbetter equipment usage with a Snapshot Pulse Field Upgrade to see nearby enemies — later levels include the ability to automatically restock Lethals and Tacticals over time, the ability to carry extra equipment, and a free Heartbeat Sensor and Spotter Scope included in the Backpack.”
That’s all on Modern Warfare 2’s Raids and Spec Ops for now. For more, make sure you check out everything we know about Ranked Play in Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credits: Activision