How to unlock the ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle in Warzone & Cold War Season 2
The recently-announced ZRG 20mm is a powerful, new Sniper Rifle is now in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 2. Here’s how you can unlock CoD’s latest long-range behemoth.
The more the merrier, and that’s certainly the case when it comes to the ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle. Black Ops Cold War’s Sniper Rifle selection is rather limited with only the M82, Pelington 703, and LW3 Tundra to select from. Whereas Warzone’s long-range battles are mainly dominated by the Kar98k.
The ZRG 20m is a 3-round bolt-action Sniper Rifle that can be unlocked for both of the leading Call of Duty titles, and the unlock requirements shouldn’t be taxing for anyone looking to add it to a loadout.
What you need to do to unlock the ZRG 20mm in Cold War & Warzone Season 2
The new ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle was officially released in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on April 7.
The weapon is live, and players will need to “Using Sniper Rifles, earn 2 Longshot medals in 10 different matches” to unlock it.
This follows a similar pattern to previously-added weapons as the Streetsweeper Shotgun added in Season 1 asked players to get a 3-Killstreak with a Shotgun in 15 different matches.
An important detail to note for unlocking the ZRG 20mm is that if you do earn 2 Longshot Medals in a single match, then you’ll need to complete the match and not leave early for it to count.
How to get a Longshot Medal
The name of the medal is actually quite self-explanatory as players will simply have to register an official kill from a greater-than-normal distance.
There doesn’t seem to be a set distance required as it varies across each weapon, but as long as there is plenty of room between you and your opponent, then it should satisfy the game’s wants.
Tips to earn Longshot Medals
We’ve come up with a few ways to make the task of getting 2 Longshot Medals a lot easier if you don’t consider yourself to be an expert marksman.
Here are our suggestions:
- For Warzone players, drop into Plunder with a HDR or AUG if you don’t own Cold War
- For Cold War players, do this challenge in Black Ops Cold War if you own it as it’ll be much easier than Warzone
- Play in Hardcore playlists as the time-to-kill is greatly reduced due to limited health
- Make sure to use the M82 as, even though it’s the weakest Sniper Rifle in the game, its semi-auto nature makes getting away shots much easier and offers forgiveness
- If you’re confident in your Sniping ability, opt for the LW3 Tundra and use our loadout
- Pick a map with some lengthy, open channels such as Satellite, Armada, Checkmate, or Garrison
Follow these simple steps and you will be the proud owner of Call of Duty’s latest Sniper Rifle to go and pop some heads with.
Image credits: Treyarch