Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update patch notes – Performance improvement, HDR fix, more
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is getting yet another update since its launch which looks to improve the game’s performance and overall experience for players on PC and console. Here are the full Star Wars May 9 update patch notes.
Despite being one of 2023’s most anticipated titles, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s performance didn’t get the best reception upon release. While the new combat stances and beautiful planets to explore went down well, unfortunately, the game’s performance let the title down for many in the community.
The issues impacted both PC and console players, as even those on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S reported frame rate drops and other graphical glitches.
That said, Respawn Entertainment are clearly dedicated to getting Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s performance where it needs to be, as they were quick to release a patch shortly after launch. Now, the devs are releasing yet another patch, so here’s the full Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update patch notes.
Is there a Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update release time?
The Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update will arrive on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on Tuesday, May 9, while the PC patch will arrive “as soon as possible this week.” We don’t have official release times for these updates, but the devs recommend that players stay updated via the EAStarWars Twitter page.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update patch notes
Here are the full Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update patch notes.
- (PC only) Updated occlusion behavior for raytracing, reducing idle time stalls.
- (PC only) Updated streaming budgets that will help alleviate traversal hitching.
- (PC only) Performance improvements for some VFX.
- Coming soon to console
- (PC only) Updated data handling when toggling raytracing, improving non-raytraced performance.
- (PS5 only) Fixed an HDR value mismatch that would cause HDR setups to display incorrectly for PS5 users.
- Fixed various save state errors.
- Fixed a streaming issue that causes some streaming scenarios to end on a black screen.
- Fixed an issue where one of the vents did not properly activate in Stone Spires.
- Audio fix for a narrative moment where music was behaving incorrectly.
- Fixed lightsaber marks not displaying correctly in some scenarios.
- Fixed a scenario where the player could enter a progression blocked state in the Lucrehulk.
- Fixed an elevator to prevent the player from falling through it and entering a progression blocked state.
- Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
- Fixed a severe animation issue that would break a late game narrative sequence.
- Fixed a collision bug where players can get stuck inside a Meditation Chamber.
- Added a note explaining that some of BD-1’s abilities are not available while in combat.
- Improved text scrolling.
- Minor text translation fixes.
- Various crash fixes.
The devs have also revealed some upcoming changes they are currently investigating and working on for a future patch:
- (PC only) Improving performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores.
- (PC only) General performance improvements to improve both CPU and GPU utilization while reducing idle time, both with and without raytracing.
- (PC only) Improving some hitching which can be attributed to streaming raytracing data, assets, and a gap in our prebuilt shaders.
- Various bug fixes.
- And more!
There you have it, those are the full patch notes for the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor May 9 update. Hopefully, the update can improve the game’s performance, but for now, make sure you also check out our plethora of guides on the title below:
Will there be Star Wars Jedi: Survivor DLC? | Is Star Wars Jedi: Survivor coming to Xbox Game Pass | Is Star Wars Jedi: Survivor open world? | All Star Wars Jedi: Survivor voice actors | Best Star Wars Jedi: Survivor lightsaber stances | How many chapters in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor? Full mission list | Is Darth Vader in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor? | Star Wars Jedi Survivor PC requirements | What happened to Greez’s arm before Star Wars Jedi: Survivor? | How to tame & ride mounts in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor