Best Resident Evil 4 Remake PC settings for high FPS & graphics
Resident Evil 4 Remake fans playing the game on PC will look to utilize the best settings to experience the horror masterpiece in all its glory. Here are the best high FPS graphics settings for Resident Evil 4 Remake.
The Resident Evil 4 Remake has finally arrived, placing the legendary horror franchise back in the spotlight with overhauled graphics and mechanics.
Luckily, for fans of the franchise who missed out on the legendary installment, Resident Evil 4 Remake will be available on a ton of platforms, including the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
PC players diving into Resident Evil 4 Remake for the first time will want to utilize the best settings for high FPS to truly enjoy everything the game has to offer. Here’s a breakdown of the best PC settings for high FPS, including how to use NVIDIA DLSS.
- Best Resident Evil 4 Remake PC settings for high FPS
- How to use NVIDIA DLSS in Resident Evil 4 Remake
- How to update graphics drivers
Best Resident Evil 4 Remake PC settings for high FPS
Ultimately, the Resident Evil 4 Remake‘s performance will come down to the specs of your system and monitor.
If you navigate to the graphics settings of the in-game menu in Resident Evil 4 Remake, you’ll find the options below. We’ve compiled the best settings to boost FPS but feel free to make adjustments as certain options function differently depending on the hardware involved.
- Screen Resolution: Native display resolution (e.g 2560 x 1440)
- Refresh Rate: Max refresh rate supported by your monitor (e.g 144 Hz)
- Frame Rate: Max frame rate supported by your monitor (e.g 144 Hz)
- Display Mode: Full Screen
- Vertical Synchronization: Off
- Cinematics Resolution: Full HD
- Ray Tracing: Off
- FidelityFX Super Resolution 2: Off
- FidelityFX Super Resolution 1: Off
- Image Quality: 100%
- Rendering Mode: Normal
- Anti-aliasing: TAA
- Texture Quality: High (6BG)
- Texture Filtering: High
- Mesh Quality: Max
- Shadow Quality: On
- Shadow Cache: On
- Contact Shadows: Off
- Ambient Occlusion: FidelityFX CACAO
- Volumetric Lighting: Low
- Particle Lighting Quality: Low
- Bloom: Off
- Screen Space Reflections: Off
- Subsurface Scattering: On
- Hair Strands: Normal
- Graphic Dismemberment: On
- Persistent Corpses: Few
- Corpse Physics: Low
- Diverse Enemy Animations: Off
- Motion Blur: Off
- Rain Quality: Low
- Terrain: Off
- Destructible Environments: On
- Lens Flare: On
- Lens Distortion: On
- Depth of Field: Off
- Resource-Intense Lighting Quality: Low
- Resource-Intense Effects Quality: Low
How to use NVIDIA DLSS in Resident Evil 4 Remake
The Resident Evil 4 Remake doesn’t come with NVIDIA DLSS and uses FidelityFX Super Resolution instead, but you can download a mod to bring the setting to your game and boost your FPS.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Thanks to the mod developers, here’s how to use NVIDIA DLSS on the Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- Download the REFramework (Upscaler Beta) archive on NexusMods.
- Download the UpscalerBasePlugin archive.
- Download the nvngx_dlss.dll file.
- Extract all files from the archives in the Resident Evil 4 directory next to the main re4.exe file.
- Launch Resident Evil 4 and the REFramework window should appear.
- Head to the Temporal Upscaler option and choose DLSS.
- Ensure FSR 1.0/2.1 is disabled.
How to update graphics drivers
If you attempt t play the Resident Evil 4 Remake without ensuring your graphics drivers are up-to-date then you can experience a number of issues. Here’s how to make sure your graphics drivers are updated.
How to update NVIDIA graphics driver
For those with an NVIDIA graphics card, you can use the GeForce experience app.
- Download GeForce experience through NVIDIA.com and open it.
- Head to the ‘Drivers’ tab.
- Click ‘check for updates’ in the upper right corner.
- If an update is available, follow the steps to download and install it.
How to update AMD graphics driver
For players with an AMD GPU, you can use the AMD Software Settings to update your drivers.
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Click on AMD Software.
- Select the Home icon.
- Click ‘New Updates’ on the bottom left.
- Select ‘check for update.’
- If an update is available, follow the steps to download it.
For more Resident Evil 4 Remake content, check out some of our other guides:
Will Resident Evil 4 Remake be on Steam Deck? | How many chapters in Resident Evil 4 | Will Resident Evil 4 Remake have multiplayer or co-op? | Resident Evil 4 Remake crafting explained: How to craft & item list | How to parry in Resident Evil 4 Remake | Does Resident Evil 4 Remake have New Game Plus?
Image Credit: Capcom