Transmog has arrived in Destiny 2 with the beginning of Bungie’s new ‘Season of the Splicer’ chapter. We’re going to show you how to do it and what it will cost to do so.
Long, long overdue in the eyes of many veteran Destiny 2 players is the Transmogrification feature – Transmog for short – that lets a player customize their gear to resemble something else, but maintaining the weapon’s stats.
In Destiny and other games, players regularly have to sacrifice their nicest-looking armor or equip different sets that don’t match for the sake of boosting their stats. Destiny players have suffered this burden, but no longer as Season of the Splicer has finally debuted Transmog in full.
The feature, which can also be referred to as Armor Synthesis, is mostly straightforward and we’re going to walk you through the process to make it as easy as possible.
How to get Universal Ornaments in Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer
Now, the first thing to note is that there are two ways you can go about using Transmog on your gear in Destiny 2. But in both cases, you will need ‘Universal Ornaments‘ to perform the process, and here’s how.
Method #1 – Destiny 2 currencies
Most gamers will choose the standard method, completing the introductory quests and tutorials to Transmog gear, and using Destiny 2’s naturally-earned in-game currency to pay for it.
Method #2 – Silver
If you want to speed up the process and perhaps don’t have time to grind and complete quests, then you can just simply buy Silver from the Destiny 2 store using real money.
How to use Armor Synthesis to change your gear in Destiny 2
You’ll need to follow a series of steps to complete the act of Transmog, and we will guide you using a series of detailed steps.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Go and see Banshee-44 at The Tower
- Accept the ‘Armor Synthesis Introduction’ quest
- Now visit Ada-1 in The Tower and now follow through on her request
- Head to the BrayTech facility on Europa to recover the lost data and then make your way back to Ada
- She’ll tell you to interact with the Loom and connect the Processing Unit she has given you, do that, and then meet with Ada once more to finish off the quest
- Take the Synthweave Straps, open the Character Screen, and scroll down to Appearance Customization
- Find the item you want to Transmog and go through the new Armor options to apply a Universal Ornament and Synthweave for the transformation and hold to Unlock it
- Take the 150 Synthstrand for completing your Armor Synthesis and use it to purchase bounties from Ada to gain Armor Synthesis materials
- Now complete her bounties, earn the Transmog materials, and use the Loom to Transmog your desired armor
We should note at this point that Season of the Splicer will only let you do 10 ADA bounties for the whole season. That translates to two whole Armor sets, meaning there are only a finite amount of times you can Transmog items for free.
If you want to Transmog any further items after using all 10 bounties, then you’ll need to buy the materials using Silver.
Image Credit: Bungie
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
How to get Ability Patch item in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Here's how to get the extremely useful Ability Patch item in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, as well as what it...
Is Izuku Midoriya coming to Fortnite Chapter 4? Deku expected release date
Fortnite teased My Hero Academia character Izuku Midoriya in the Chapter 4 trailer, leaving players speculating about his arrival.