Every classic Harry Potter character in Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts Legacy isn’t based directly on the Harry Potter books and movies but the developers have included characters and Easter Eggs that long-time fans of the franchise will be delighted to encounter. Here’s every classic Harry Potter character you can find in Hogwarts Legacy.
Harry Potter fans around the world eagerly waited for a game with which they could recreate the unforgettable adventures of Harry Potter, Hermione, and Ron Weasley. This finally became possible through Hogwarts Legacy which not only lets you explore iconic locations like Hogwarts Castle and Hogsmeade but also encourages you to master spell-casting and potion-making and tame beasts like a witch or wizard.
Although Hogwarts Legacy arrived with a whole bunch of new faces, one cannot help but notice some characters from the books and movies. These interactions are the most memorable for many players, especially those who’ve followed Harry Potter for decades.
On that note, let’s take a look at every classic Harry Potter character in Hogwarts Legacy and their role in the story.
- When is Hogwarts Legacy set?
- Which real Harry Potter characters are in Hogwarts Legacy?
- Hogwarts Legacy characters related to Harry Potter characters
When is Hogwarts Legacy set?
Hogwarts Legacy takes place in the 1800s, over a hundred years before the books and films. So you won’t be seeing familiar names such as Harry, Ron, Hermoine, Severus Snape, and Draco Malfoy.
Which real Harry Potter characters are in Hogwarts Legacy?
Although you will see familiar locations along with new characters, some old fan-favorite characters indeed appear in Hogwarts Legacy.
Here are the names and faces that Harry Potter fans are familiar with that appear in-game.
- Nearly Headless Nick
- Professor Cuthbert Binns
- Professor Phineas Nigellus Black
- The Fat Lady
- The Sorting Hat
The Phantom faces of Peeves, The Fat Lady, Nearly Headless Nick, and Matilda Weasley certainly make players feel right at home.
Hogwarts Legacy characters related to Harry Potter characters
You also explore some indirect connections between Hogwarts Legacy and Harry Potter through these characters:
- Hector Jenkins – This Crossed Wands Duelling Club member could be related to several characters from the books such as Eugenia Jenkins, Karl Jenkins, and Joey Jenkins.
- Constance Dagworth – She’s a Ravenclaw student in the game and based on the books, she could be related to Hector Dagworth-Granger and Hermione Granger.
- Poppy Sweeting – She’s the descendant of Havelock Sweeting, who objected to poachers in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets video game adaptations.
- Professor Matilda Weasley – An ancestor of Ron Weasley from the movies and books.
- Garreth Weasley – Most likely the great-great-great grandfather of Weasley siblings in the movies and books.
- Ominis Gaunt – Direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin and an ancestor of Tom Riddle.
- Gerbold Ollivander – His grandson, Garrick Ollivander, is a famous character in the movies who was saved by Ron and Hermione from Voldemort.
- Victor Rockwood – He’s an ancestor of Augustus Rockwood, who went on to become loyal to Voldemort.
For even more news and content concerning Hogwarts Legacy, check out some of our other guides:
Can you play Quidditch in Hogwarts Legacy? | Hogwarts Legacy PC requirements | How to access the Dark Arts Battle Arena in Hogwarts Legacy | Hogwarts Legacy Trophies & Achievements list | How to get Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy | How to complete the Phoenix Rising Quest in Hogwarts Legacy