All Redfall characters & abilities: Every playable character
Redfall is a co-op FPS title that has four playable characters who come with their own set of special abilities. Here are all the playable characters and their abilities you can choose from in Redfall.
The story is set in the town of Redfall, a place taken over by the bloodsuckers who plan to bleed the town dry. To survive in a place that is cut off from the rest of the world, you will need supernatural abilities, and for that, you need to take a closer look at all the playable characters in Redfall.
All the four characters are unique in their own ways which makes selecting one of them all the more difficult. We have put together a list of all the characters along with their abilities that will help you choose your character to turn this bloodstained adventure of unraveling mysteries more exciting.
Here are all the playable characters of Redfall and their abilities.
All playable characters in Redfall
There are four characters that you can choose from in Redfall and each of them brings three unique abilities to the table:
- Layla Ellison
- Devinder Crousley
- Remi De La Rosa
- Jacob Boyer
The first thing you will do in Redfall is to pick your hero so here is a list of all their abilities that will help you pick the one you like best. There is more to each one of them than just their abilities and each will help you to rid the town of the vampires, cultists, and all things evil.
All character abilities in Redfall
Layla moved to Redfall to study biomedical engineering at Redfall Technical University. She volunteered for a medical trial by the Aevum Therapeutics research facility that ended badly but left her with telekinetic abilities. But there’s more to her, she has the following three skills:
- Umbrella: She can summon a purple shield known as the umbrella that can block enemy attacks. Additionally, her umbrella can release psychic blasts that deal heavy damage and can be upgraded to release psychic explosions.
- Lift: You can call upon a psychic elevator to launch you into the air. You can also upgrade it to get a higher aerial boost, tackle enemies into the air, and can deploy a psychic shockwave.
- Vampire Ex-Boyfriend: Layla can call upon Jason, her ex-boyfriend who also happens to be a vampire. You can upgrade Jason’s powers to deal more damage and even heal Layla and allies in combat.
Devinder is a cryptozoologist and an inventor who has spent years making technology to trap and detect the presence of the supernatural. His beliefs landed him on the island of Redfall which is plagued by the vampires. He documents and fights off these undead creatures using his inventions, which also act as his abilities:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Translocate: His character can throw one of the devices which will teleport you to the location. This gives you an advantage in combat as you can move quickly to help your allies or sneak up on enemies.
- Arc Javelin: He can throw a Javelin on enemies or surfaces which once attached can emit a lightning attack to deal big damage. You can upgrade it to increase the electrical pulse range to damage multiple enemies at once.
- Blacklight: Devinder has a modified camera rig that emits UV light which can petrify vampires and enemies within its radius. It can be upgraded for healing and to increase the radius and effect duration.
Remi is a brilliant combat engineer, trained for the frontlines, and spends her life trying to protect her loved ones. She is part of the Navy rescue unit and goes around saving people in need. She has the following abilities that she uses to protect the survivors and kill the enemies in Redfall:
- Mobilize: She can create a recovery point that has the power to heal you and the allies within its range. If upgraded the healing duration and range can increase.
- Siren: You can control Bribón who can create a diversion by making himself look like the target and distract enemies. He can also absorb damage and if upgraded, can heal while simultaneously dealing damage to the enemies.
- C4 Charge: She can throw a device that attaches itself to the targets and surfaces thus causing an explosion. If upgraded the range and damage can be increased.
Jacob is a former military sharpshooter who was sent to Redfall as part of the select security force but he got separated from his team due to the circumstances. Now he spends his days eliminating dark entities with his pinpoint accuracy and the following abilities:
- Raven: He can instruct his raven to locate and mark nearby enemies and if upgraded the raven can be used to destroy enemies in its path.
- Cloak: You can trigger the Bellwether Cloak that has the power to hide you from enemies. If the cloak is upgraded the duration will increase and you can also loan your power of invisibility to your friends.
- Heartstopper: You can summon a supernatural rifle that uses the sight to mark enemies and deal lethal damage to them. If upgraded, the duration and damage will increase. You will also be able to eliminate targeted enemies through barriers like walls.
Well, that’s all you need to know about the abilities of each playable character in Redfall. Now take your pick!
For more useful content in Redfall, make sure to check other guides and articles:
Redfall PC requirements | Is Redfall crossplay? | Will Redfall be on Steam Deck? | Redfall pre-order bonuses | Can you play Redfall single-player? | How long is Redfall? Main story length & time to complete
Image credits: Bethesda / Arkane Studios