How to tame wolves & boars in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1 allows players to tame wolves and boars, so here’s how you can find these vicious creatures in the game.
It’s been a long time since wolves and boars became a part of Fortnite’s gameplay, and they are still about in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1. So if you’re not too busy trying to claim Capture Points on Fortnite’s map, then our guide should help you out with the pursuit of these creatures.
Here’s our complete guide on how to find wolves and boars in Chapter 4, Season 1, as well as how to tame and ride them.
- How to tame a boar in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
- How to ride a boar in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
- Where to find boars in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
- How to tame a wolf in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
- How to ride a wolf in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
- Where to find wolves in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
How to tame a boar in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
Thanks to advancements in Fortnite, you can now tame Boars in one of two different ways.
Here’s how to tame a boar in Fortnite using the old-school method:
- Collect fruit or vegetables from a farm.
- Find a boar in the wild.
- Place the food near the boar and then hide.
- While the boar is eating, sneak up behind it.
- Press and hold the interact button to tame the boar.
This stealthy approach will serve you well, as it won’t cost you any health or shields.
You can also tame a boar by simply timing your jump right and landing on a boar perfectly to automatically tame it.
How to ride a boar in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
Again, there’s nothing too convoluted about this and the Fortnite devs have made things a lot easier than they used to be. Once you’re near a boar, jump onto its back and the creature will now be in your control and will remain tamed even after you jump off.
Where to find boars in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
We’ve had huge success finding boars in the Anvil Square POI on the Fortnite map and it seems to be almost a guarantee that boars will spawn here.
To make things a bit easier, we’ve marked the exact location on the map below.
How to tame a wolf in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
Again, the act of taming a wolf boils down to either a more lengthy step-by-step process, or getting in close and using precise timing and jumping to land on it in Fortnite.
Here’s how to tame a wolf in Season 6:
- Roam the Fortnite Season 6 map until you find a wolf pack.
- Kill a wolf.
- Pick up the meat dropped from the defeated wolf.
- Hold your aim button, then press fire to throw the meat.
- A wolf will ignore you and start chomping on the meat.
- Approach the feasting wolf and follow the prompt to ‘tame’.
- The wolf will now be your companion!
Your friendly wolf’s face will go pink and they will be marked with an arrow above their head so you don’t get mixed up when fighting other wolves around the map.
How to ride a wolf in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
Just as with boars, to ride a wolf in Fortnite you have to be able to accurately jump onto its back and it’ll become under your control, permanently.
Where to find wolves in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1
You’ll have the best shot at finding wolves in The Citadel, Shattered Slabs, and Frenzy Field. Finding them can be a bit more random in Fortnite than locating boars, but it’s well worth it.
You can take a look at these locations below.
You can only recruit one wolf at a time in the game, so if you don’t clear out the other wolves before taming it, you could quickly lose your wolf to the other members of its pack.
You can also get meat by killing the other animals on the map and bringing it over, but when wolves drop meat anyway, you might as well kill two birds with one stone.
We hope our guide helped you out when it comes to hunting boars and wolves in Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 1. For more guides, check out how to quickly level up accounts in the game, as well as the title’s overall player count in 2023.
Image Credit: Epic Games