Fortnite 24.30 update patch notes: Star Wars prequels collab, Force abilities, Find the Force Quests, more
The Fortnite 24.30 update is here, delivering even more new content in Chapter 4 Season 2. Here’s everything included in the Fortnite 24.30 update, including the Star Wars May 4 collaboration and the full patch notes.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 has been one of the biggest seasons of Epic’s battle royale to date. After starting strong with new weapons and the addition of Mega City, the devs have also kept players hooked with regular crossovers such as Attack on Titan and Resident Evil.
There have also been regular updates, delivering even more guns like the Lock-On Pistol and one-off events. With Chapter 4 Season 3 still weeks away, Fortnite 24.30 is the next big patch.
Here’s when the full Fortnite 24.30 update patch notes, including details of a new Star Wars crossover.
- Fortnite 24.30 Star Wars May 4 skins
- Fortnite 24.30 Star Wars Mythics
- Fortnite 24.30 update patch notes
Fortnite 24.30 Star Wars May 4 skins
Epic Games have released a new Star Wars collaboration in the Fortnite 24.30 update. A tweet from the developers revealed that Anakin Skywalker has arrived in the game for the first time, with Padme Amidala, Darth Maul, and Clone Troopers also being added.
Some of these skins can be purchased from the Epic Store using V-Bucks while others come as extra rewards for the new Find the Force Quests, as the devs double down on the prequel trilogy for this latest Star Wars crossover.
Fortnite 24.30 Star Wars Mythics
As you’d expect, the Fortnite 24.30 update also brings Star Wars-themed Mythics to the island for players to pick up. This means that Lightsabers from iconic characters and Blasters are once again scattered around the map.
Players can also pick up force abilities by training with some familiar faces, allowing them to push and pull objects and players, or even lift them into the air.
Fortnite 24.30 update patch notes
Check the full Fortnite 24.30 update patch notes below, as revealed by Epic Games:
May the Force Be With You
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Darth Maul await you on the Island in hologram form during Find the Force. If you accept their offer to train you, you’ll jump into a rift… then return wielding a lightsaber and new Force abilities. These Force abilities can be used while wielding your lightsaber, which’ll remain in your inventory until you drop it, get eliminated, or the match ends.
Use the Force to Sprint Faster and Double Jump
Force training will give you the ability to sprint faster and double jump while your lightsaber is equipped, regardless of which trainer you chose.
Use the Force to Push
Accept Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Jedi training and learn to use the Force to push objects and players away.
Use the Force to Pull
If you accept Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi training, you’ll learn to use the Force to pull objects and players towards you.
Use the Force to Throw
Seeking Sith training instead? Upon accepting Darth Maul’s training, you’ll learn to use the Force to lift objects from the environment and hurl them at players.
Additionally, the lightsaber you get from Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, or Darth Maul can be used as a melee weapon! From Obi-Wan Kenobi you’ll receive a green Jedi Padawan Lightsaber, and from Anakin Skywalker you’ll receive a blue one. From Darth Maul you’ll receive a red Sith Apprentice Lightsaber.
There are no weapons on the Island more fitting for the Clone Trooper Outfit than the DC-15 Blaster. Obtainable from Republic Chests, this Assault Rifle has high accuracy and excels at medium-to-long range combat.Open Republic Chests for DC-15 Blasters.
Find the Force Quests
Complete Find the Force Quests to earn Galactic Reputation. You can complete them by doing things to enhance your Jedi or Sith skills, like getting trained by Jedi or Sith trainers, dealing damage with lightsabers, and searching Republic Chests. Completing Find the Force Quests will increase your Galactic Reputation, and the more Galactic Reputation you get, the more rewards you’ll unlock!Navigate to the Galactic Reputation tab in the Lobby to keep track of your Galactic Reputation and remaining rewards.
When clicking this tab, you’ll notice the free reward track and the Premium Reward Track upgrade which is unlockable for a fee. The free reward track contains 11 unlockable rewards, including the Clone Trooper Outfit as the final reward.
If you purchase the Premium Reward Track upgrade, you’ll unlock extra rewards as you unlock rewards in the free reward track (without having to complete additional Quests). The Premium Reward Track upgrade can be purchased for 1,000 V-Bucks and contains 11 unlockable rewards, including the Darth Maul Outfit as the final reward. This track upgrade also contains the unlockable Wolf Pack Trooper Outfit and Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Outfit. Upon purchasing the Premium Reward Track upgrade, you’ll automatically receive the Coruscant Guard Outfit.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The “Find the Force” Quest Trilogy
Just as Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith are a trilogy, so are the Find the Force Quests. The Find the Force Quests are separated into three main sets with certain Quests associated with each one. If you complete twelve Quests in a set, you’ll earn a Sith Holocron. Earn three Sith Holocrons to unlock the Sith Infiltrator Glider! Each set of Find the Force Quests will go live sequentially and be available until May 23 at 9 AM ET:
- “The Force Within” Quests are live starting now.
- “Begun the Clone Wars Have” Quests go live May 7 at 9 AM ET.
- “Fall of the Republic” Quests go live May 12 at 9 AM ET.
There’s an epilogue to this Quest trilogy! Still need to earn Galactic Reputation for unlocking Find the Force rewards? “The First Galactic Empire” Quests — which go live May 17 at 9 AM ET — will help!Please note that the Find the Force free reward track items, Premium Reward Track upgrade items, and Sith Infiltrator Glider are not exclusive to Find the Force, and they may become purchasable in the Item Shop at a later date.
Discord Reward: Coruscant’s Pride Wrap
Starting May 4 at 11 AM ET, unlock the Coruscant’s Pride Wrap Discord reward by doing one of two things:
- For 15 minutes or more, “Go Live and Screen Share” Fortnite on Discord to at least one Discord friend. (Learn how to Go Live and Screen Share on Discord.) – After 15 minutes, you’ll receive a link through your Discord account. Click the link to be taken to a page where you can log into your Epic Games account. The Wrap will then be added to your Fortnite Locker!– While Going Live and Screen Sharing Fortnite, remember to keep in mind the Epic Games Fan Content Policy and Epic Games Community Rules.
- Complete the Find the Force Discord Quest. Start by entering the specified channel in an official Fortnite Discord server. (See the list of participating Fortnite Discord servers below.) In the channel, you’ll see a bot you can interact with to join the Discord Quest. – Upon interacting with the bot, you’ll be taken to a page where you can link your Epic and Discord accounts. With your accounts linked, participate in the Quest by completing a task inside Discord and a task inside Fortnite. After both of these tasks are complete, the Wrap will be added to your Fortnite Locker!
Please note that the Coruscant’s Pride Wrap is not exclusive to Find the Force, and may become purchasable in the Item Shop at a later date. Players under the age of 13 are not able to access Discord and are therefore ineligible to earn this Wrap.
Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, and More in the Item Shop
For Find the Force, four new Outfits are available in the Item Shop starting now!
The Chosen One himself.
In addition to the default Style, the Padmé Amidala Outfit comes with the battle-worn Geonosis Combat Style.
501st Trooper and 212th Battalion Trooper
501st Trooper, an elite member of the 501st Legion, and 212th Battalion Trooper, a specialized attack trooper serving under General Kenobi.
More in v24.30: New and Returning Reality Augments
v24.30 introduces four new Reality Augments:
Grants a Flare Gun and Shadow Tracker Pistol.
Your Pistols will reload faster when reloaded with an empty clip.
Your Marksman Rifles will have reduced recoil.
SMG Sign Off
The last three bullets of your SMG magazines will deal bonus damage.
Along with these new Reality Augments, four make their return: First Assault, Bush Warrior, Forecast, and Mythic Munition!
Auto Confirm Edits
In v24.30, an Auto Confirm Edits setting has been added to Fortnite’s “Game” settings and replaced “Confirm Edit on Release.” With this new setting toggled to “Both,” you’ll be able to confirm edits and reset edits automatically as opposed to manually confirming edit selections.
New Weapon settings for touch enable mobile players to do more with fewer fingers or button presses:
- Combined ADS + Fire: The main Fire + Look button will also aim down sights. Firing begins once the transition into ADS is complete. Other fire buttons will still work as normal.
- Release to Fire: When using scoped semi-automatic or single shot weapons, the main Fire + Look button will fire when released instead of when pressed. This means players can aim down their scope, line up their shot, and fire their weapon all with one button press. Other fire buttons will still work as normal.
- Continuous Fire: Semi-automatic weapons will fire repeatedly while any fire button is held.
In case you missed it, we’ve recently made the following balance changes:
- Storm Circles 6 and 7 now move further into the Storm as the safe zone shrinks. Storm Circles 8 and 9 now begin moving earlier and travel further. Storm Circle 12 takes longer to close.
- We’ve vaulted the Game Time Reality Augment and reduced the probability of Chug Splash loot.
- We will continue to monitor the impact of healing items and matches that end in “heal-offs.”
- Force abilities, Jedi Padawan and Sith Apprentice Lightsabers, and DC-15 Blasters are currently not included in Arena or tournaments. We’re investigating possibly including these abilities and items in Arena and tournaments after FNCS Major 2 concludes.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where large rocks on the Island were not providing as many materials as intended when harvested.
- Fixed an issue where using ODM Gear would sometimes cause a player to fly even if no longer using the item.
- Back Blings no longer appear detached on the Highwire Outfit.
- Fixed an issue where the Starter Island timer did not go down properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused a long load time to occur when entering a match with the DirectX 12 rendering mode enabled.
- Trunks and tree branches no longer appear to move erratically when playing Fortnite on mobile or PC Performance Mode.
- The majorest bug fix: the Infinite Dab Emote wasn’t looping for 15 hours when performed in the Lobby. This is fixed and it now loops for 16 hours.
For more on Fortnite, take a look at our other guides:
How to land at Hot Spots in Fortnite | Fortnite Exotic weapon locations | When does Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 3 start? | Where to find Oathbound chests in Fortnite | All Fortnite Reality Augments | What does Siphon mean in Fortnite? | What are account levels in Fortnite?
Image credit: Epic Games