Fortnite 20.10 patch notes: Jetpacks, Heavy Sniper Rifle, Spicy Chug Splashes
The first major update of Chapter 3 Season 2 is here, as Epic Games release the Fortnite 20.10 patch. This update includes the return of Jetpacks, Spicy Chug Splashes, and the unvaulted Heavy Sniper Rifle. You can read the full patch notes below.
Fortnite has been on the lips of gamers everywhere, mostly thanks to the bold move of removing building from the game with Chapter 3 Season 2’s launch. This brought a lot of players back to the battle royale, especially those who struggled with the intense building mechanics.
The success even caused the devs to introduce a permanent new Zero Build mode, but Epic Games aren’t finished there. April 5 brings the first Fortnite patch of the new season, bringing back items like the Jetpack and Spicy Chug Splashes, along with the return of the Heavy Sniper Rifle.
Check out the full Fortnite 20.10 patch notes below.
- Jetpacks return to Fortnite
- Spicy Chug Splashes
- Heavy Sniper unvaulted
- Anvil Rocket Launcher buff
- Fortnite 20.10 bug fixes
Fortnite 20.10 patch notes
Jetpacks return to Fortnite
The headline change in April 5’s Fortnite 20.10 update is the return of Jetpacks. Dataminers first hinted at Jetpacks coming back to the game back in February, and six weeks later, they’re officially here.
- Read More: Best Fortnite controller settings
Players will be able to grab a Jetpack from any of the Blimps that are currently floating around the island. Jetpacks are very useful, giving you a way to quickly gain higher ground over an enemy, or to provide a quick escape from a firefight.
Spicy Chug Splashes are back
On top of Jetpacks, Spicy Chug Splashes have also reappeared on the Fortnite map. These consumable items act like their regular counterparts, healing players for 20 HP.
However, they do come with an added boost compared to the normal version, giving anyone hit by it a temporary speed boost.
Heavy Sniper Rifle unvaulted in Fortnite
Another item returning from the Vault in Fortnite 20.10 is the Heavy Sniper Rifle. While its overall damage remains the same, Epic have nerfed its headshot and build damage, while buffing its reload time.
The full stats for the Heavy Sniper Rifle in the Rare, Epic, and Legendary rarities in Season 2 are:
- Damage: 120/128/132
- Headshot: 180/192/198 (Prev. 200/200/200)
- Builds Damage: 600/630/660 (Prev. 1000/1050/1100)
- Reload Time: 4/3.8/3.5 (Prev. 4.5/4.2/4)
- Vehicle Damage: 640+
Anvil Rocket Launcher buff
The Anvil Rocket Launcher arrived at the start of Fortnite Season 2, but Epic Games have decided that it just isn’t powerful enough in its current guise.
With that in mind, dataminer HYPEX revealed that the devs have buffed the weapon, with the explosive now traveling faster when shot.
Fortnite 20.10 patch notes
Thanks to the community Trello Board for Fortnite, we know a lot of the bug fixes and updates coming in the patch.
As and when the official patch notes are out, we’ll be sure to update this piece with all the information, so be sure to check back here.
Fortnite General Top Issues
- Vehicles may stutter and jerk when driving in Battle Royale or Creative
- The Low Mesh setting is not working as intended
- Running Fortnite using DirectX 12 results in slow performance.
- Xbox players using Keyboard and Mouse may stop moving when pressing a mouse button
Fortnite Battle Royale Top Issues
- Unable to use Ziplines between wind turbines on Windbreakers Island
- Vaults at Seven Outposts do not open
- Fishing Collection Book Resetting
- Previews in the Item Shop map appear tilted
- Last season’s quests may be displayed in the Tracked Quests on the HUD
- Back Blings ‘floating’ on some outfits
- Bushrangers leaves shed excessively after sliding
- Match end UI occasionally missing from the screen
- Opening the Map or Quests while using Split-screen causes the 2nd player’s view to turn black
- Leaving a Boat while boosting on land may cause controllers to Vibrate
Fortnite Creative Top Issues
- Some Items missing Guard tags in Creative.
- Joining a Creative game in progress may lock the new player out until the round ends
- Unable to Control Quadcrasher While Flying
- Further Creative Mode issues with:
- Vending Machines
- Tracker Device
- Play Counter Device
- Dialogue Pop-Up Device
- Spawn Pads
Fortnite Save the World Top Issues
- Destroyed beds are not being counted towards quest completion
- Map/Lobby in STW looks very bright sometimes
- Storm Shield Bases reset after leaving
- Placing a BluGlo Siphon may cause crashes (Performance Mode Only)
- Wolves and Raptors are missing their combat passive abilities
- Players are unable to re-do repeatable quest after completing them
For now, check out how to play Fortnite Jumpman Zone in Chapter 3 Season 2.
Image Credits: Epic Games