FIFA 23 Road to the Final: Promo players revealed & upgrades explained
FIFA 23 Road to the Final arrived as an Ultimate Team promo. Here’s everything you need to know about FIFA 23 Road to the Final, including a breakdown of how the upgrades work and the revealed players.
The FIFA 23 promos have been coming thick and fast in recent weeks. Team of the Year got 2023 off to the perfect start before Future Stars kept the momentum going with even more special cards and SBCs.
The following promo had big shoes to fill, but the Road to the Final promo delivered plenty of boosted players.
Here’s everything you need to know about FIFA 23 Road to the Final, from the upgrade process to the players involved.
- FIFA 23 Road to the Final start date
- FIFA 23 Road to the Final upgrades explained
- FIFA 23 Road to the Final players
FIFA 23 Road to the Final start date
The official Champions League Twitter account revealed that the Road to the Final promo made its way to FIFA 23 on Friday, February 17, 2023.
European competitions including the Champions League, Europa League, and Europa Conference League returned to action on February 14. Therefore, the arrival of the Road to the Final promo in FIFA 23 is timed to perfection.
FIFA 23 Road to the Final upgrades explained
FIFA 23 Road to the Final cards are live items that increase in rating depending on how far players go in their respective European competition, in the same vein as the Path to Glory promo from earlier in the season.
Each time a player reaches a new round of the Champions League, Europa League, or Europa Conference League, they will receive a rating boost that will increase their in-game stats. The further they progress, the better the card becomes.
EA have revealed the exact FIFA 23 RTTF upgrades, so here’s how they’ll work:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- First knockout game win after campaign launch: +1
- Qualify for the Quarter-Finals: +1
- Qualify for the Semi-Finals: +1 & new traits
- Qualify for the Final: 5 Star Weak Foot
- Win the tournament: +1 & 5 Star Skill Moves
The best part is, the player depicted in the card doesn’t need to feature in the matches to be eligible for upgrades. So, even if they don’t kick a ball in the tournament, they can still hit an incredible rating if their team clinches the trophy.
The updates will arrive on the following dates:
- February 24
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
- June 12
FIFA 23 Road to the Final players
EA revealed the full slate of Road to the Final promo players that made their way to FIFA 23, and you can check them out below:
- David Alaba – Real Madrid
- Roberto Firmino – Liverpool
- Donyell Malen – Borussia Dortmund
- Nicolo Barella – Inter Milan
- Leon Goretzka – Bayern Munich
- Wesley Fofana – Chelsea
- Lucas Moura – Tottenham
- Nuno Mendes – PSG
- Giacomo Raspadori – Napoli
- Gabriel Martinelli – Arsenal
- Ferran Torres – Barcelona
- Federico Chiesa – Juventus
- Erik Lamela – Sevilla
- Anthony Martial – Manchester United
- Miranda – Real Betis
- Kevin Volland – AS Monaco
- Moussa Diaby – Bayer Leverkusen (SBC)
- Brais Mendez – Real Sociedad (OBJ)
Europa Conference League
- Youcef Atal – Nice
For more FIFA 23, take a look at our other guides:
Best custom tactics in FIFA 23 | How to get free Twitch Prime Gaming pack in FIFA 23 | Best wingers in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team | Best midfielders in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team | Best strikers in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team | Best goalkeepers in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team | Best defenders in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team
Image Credit: EA Sports