How to use Discord Voice chat on Xbox: Account linking & platforms
Discord voice chat has finally arrived on Xbox, allowing PC and console players to chat together while cross-platform gaming. Here’s how the voice chat integration works across Discord and Xbox, and how to link your accounts.
Cross-platform gaming has become the norm, allowing PlayStation, Xbox, and PC players to join up and play together, no matter the platform. The only issue with this is that cross-platform gamers are often forced to use game chat, which can come with a number of issues.
Discord has become one of the most popular ways for PC players to meet up and chat with each other, and console players have been desperate to chat using Discord. Xbox players are in luck, as Microsoft has announced that Discord Voice chat has come to Xbox consoles.
You’ll need to link your Discord account with Xbox to start chatting, so here’s how to link accounts and use Discord Voice on Xbox.
How to link Xbox account with Discord
As confirmed by Microsoft on July 20, Discord Voice has arrived on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, with Xbox Insiders getting the update first. Then, the update will be available to everyone else “soon.”
- Read more: What does idle mean on Discord?
You’ll need to link your Xbox account with Discord to chat, so here’s how:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Head to Parties & Chats
- Click on Try Discord Voice on Xbox
- Scan the QR code on the screen, which will take you to the Xbox and Discord apps
- Follow the instructions to link your Discord and Xbox accounts
- If you’ve already linked Xbox and Discord, you’ll have to re-link it
How to use Discord Voice on Xbox
Once your account’s linked, you’ll need to use the Discord and Xbox apps to transfer your voice chats from Discord to your Xbox console.
Here’s how to use Discord Voice on Xbox:
- Ensure you have both the Xbox and Discord mobile apps installed on your phone
- Use the Discord mobile app to join a channel like usual
- Hit the Join on Xbox button
- This will then launch the Xbox app, which will transfer your voice chat from Discord to your Xbox
Once connected, you’ll be able to see everyone who’s in the call and speaking, and “you’ll also be able to adjust the sound, and switch between Discord Voice and Xbox game chat.”
Discord also has a partnership with Sony and allows PlayStation players to show their gaming status on Discord, and players are desperate to Discord Voice chat as well.
Image Credit: Xbox / Discord