New details on Call of Duty: WWII Zombies mode revealed in GameInformer magazine
❘ Published: 2017-08-09T21:36:58
❘ Updated: 2020-12-09T17:20:33
GameInformer’s magazine has delivered a lot of new details on the Zombies mode in Call of Duty: WWII. In this post, we’re highlighting some of the big details:
- Zombies mode takes place towards the end of WWII, when Nazi Germany was in a desperate situation.
- Zombies features a new “dynamic approach.” One example of this is where players are forced to kill Zombies in a constantly moving radius to create an electrical charge to unlock the next area.
- The Zombies are created by man, Dr. Straub. Straub’s Zombies are centered around the nervous system. The Zombies are created by bolts and other items that you see stuck in them. Their backbone is the energy which charges their nervous system. The Zombies are actually being tortured.
- Lot of this story is based on actual events that were happening during WWII.
- There are different classes and types of Zombies. Not all have every body part you may expect. Pests class do not have any arms, rather they are assembled from spare parts. The Bomber class of Zombies are stitched up from parts.
- Zombies features customizable loadouts, but also permanent-unlocks that work like perks. GameInformer directly compares this to gobblegums, but these are permanent, not temporary uses like gobblegums.
- There are 4 classes: Offense, Control, Support, and Medic.
- Boarding up windows and collecting currency is back in this mode.
- There are both wave based rounds and location/event based encounters
- Players can earn some “special abilities” in Zombies mode. Activated by pressing R1 and L1. An example is Unlimited Ammo.
- Tesla weaponry unlock able by gaining additional power by killing zombies in a specific area.
- Super bosses are back in Zombies.
- Easter Eggs are extremely difficult in this game.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.