Warzone devs release update to fix “broken” C58 Assault Rifle 4x scope: Patch notes
Warzone devs Raven Software have released a new patch on Wednesday, July 21 to fix an issue with the “broken” 4x scope on the C58 Assault Rifle.
While many were confused about whether the AR was good or not when the weapon originally released, the C58 has gone on to become one of Warzone Season 4’s most popular weapons and features in lots of the game’s best loadouts.
Although it possesses a slower rate of fire, the weapon is powerful and accurate – a must for Call of Duty’s intense battle royale shooter. However, players grew tired of its overuse in Warzone, and Raven Software did recently nerf its damage, range, and accuracy.
Even with this nerf, the Royal & Kross 4x scope made sure that the C58 was still unbelievably powerful, reducing the recoil on the weapon significantly and making an incredibly accurate option. Now, Raven Software have dropped a new patch to fix this issue.
In a tweet on July 21, Raven Software confirmed that a new Warzone update was going live imminently, with the Royal & Kross 4x Optic the main target.
Raven state that the changes to the scope are to affect recoil, so hopefully the C58 will be brought back into the recoil ranges of other ARs, no matter which scope you use.
Alongside these changes, Raven have also dealt with a bug that caused Dead Silence to remain active for an entire game if used before the pre-match lobby ended, while also fixing an issue with text on Blueprints.
The patch is going live on all platforms, so players can expect to have a small download the next time they boot up the game on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.
You can read the full patch notes below.
Warzone July 21 patch notes
- Removed the Report Offensive Chat button while we investigate a related crash
- Fixed an issue with the C58 Royal & Kross 4x Optic where it was incorrectly affecting recoil.
- Fixed an issue causing Dead Silence to remain active for the entire match if the Player used it seconds before the prematch lobby ended.
- Fixed an issue causing the Sentry Turret Killstreak map icon to not move when placed on the train.
- Fixed an issue with the flavor text on various Blueprints.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software