Modern Warfare 2 November 3 update patch notes: Weapon tuning returns, camo fixes & performance upgrades
Modern Warfare 2 has received a new November 3 update and Infinity Ward have detailed all of the changes they’ve made in the 1.08 update and the launch week as a whole, making changes to the game’s performance and welcoming back Weapon Tuning. Here are the full patch notes.
No matter how solid a game is or how many players are engaging with it, devs are always looking to improve a title with regular updates, and that’s what Infinity Ward are doing with Modern Warfare 2 and the November 3 update.
November 3’s update offers a few performance-enhancing fixes and brings back the Weapon Tuning feature, with the patch notes, which arrived a day later, detailing the changes Infinity Ward made over launch week as a whole. Here are Modern Warfare 2’s full November 3 update patch notes.
Modern Warfare 2 November 3 update Weapon Tuning
After initially removing the feature due to crashes and complications, Modern Warfare 2’s Weapon Tuning feature has made a triumphant return in the November 3 update.
This means that players can now tinker with their loadouts and attachments even more including the ability to manipulate the ADS speed on a gun’s Optic.
Modern Warfare 2 Nov 3 update fixes crashing & camo issues
In addition to the headline Modern Warfare 2 change, Infinity Ward also addressed several crashing and stability issues with the November 3 update, and brought a fix for “various camos not unlocking during progression.”
Modern Warfare 2 November 3 update patch notes
Modern Warfare 2’s November 3 patch notes don’t just cover that one update, but all of the changes Infinity Ward have made during the game’s launch week. Here are the full patch notes for Modern Warfare 2’s launch week and November 3 update.
- We’ve addressed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms including the bug that caused certain players partied-up in game to crash when matchmaking. Last night’s update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing. We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.
- We have made general game improvements including:
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed known freezing issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- A recent NVIDIA hotfix addressed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on drivers 526.61.
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Be sure to follow our friends at Beenox for additional updates for MW2 on PC.
- We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon-balancing with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week we disabled the attachment tuning feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at once. We re-enabled attachment tuning in last night’s update so players should not encounter further issues equipping attachments on a weapon.
- Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping remained on some players after death. KBM players are currently still able to danger ping.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after a player is revived in certain modes.
- We have added Breenbergh Hotel into Third Person Moshpit
- There are no significant map changes, but we have patched various exploits and geometry bugs in the days since launch. We’ll continue to address small fixes through daily updates.
- We continue to refine our UI and will have more details in the Season 01 launch notes.
In addition to changes that we have already made, we are also actively tracking live issues. Some of the known issues at present include:
- We are aware of the following issues and fixes are in the works
- Riot shield provides invincibility against chopper gunner and VTOL
- DDOS Field upgrade availability bug
- A bug affecting helicopter height, which allows them to leave the map in some instances
You can expect even more changes with Modern Warfare 2’s Season 1 update but until then, check out some of our other Modern Warfare 2 content:
How to play Modern Warfare 2 on Steam Deck | Are Modern Warfare 2 servers down? | Do Warzone Double XP tokens carry over to MW2? | Can you mix and match camos in Modern Warfare 2? | Does Modern Warfare 2 have a Tactical Nuke Killstreak? | Fastest ways to rank up in Modern Warfare 2 | How to disable helmet cam in Modern Warfare 2 | How to turn off crossplay in Modern Warfare 2 | How to switch between Killstreaks and Scorestreaks in Modern Warfare 2
Source: Infinity Ward
Image Credit: Activision