Best XM4 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
The XM4 is the first Assault Rifle that players can unlock in Black Ops Cold War, and with the right attachments, loadout, and class it can easily be your go-to gun no matter the map or mode in Cold War Season 5.
Modeled after the Commando from previous entries in the Black Ops franchise, the XM4 is one of the most versatile Assault Rifles in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. It’s able to take down enemies at close range while retaining the ability to dominate at longer distances across all maps.
Add in the right attachments and Perks, and you can run through opponents with ease. It’s a popular choice for many players and AR enthusiasts in Cold War Season 5, and here’s how you can make the perfect XM4 loadout.
Best Cold War Season 5 XM4 attachments
- Optic: Microflex LED
- Muzzle: Suppressor
- Barrel: 13.7″ Takedown
- Underbarrel: Field Agent Grip
- Handle: Airborne Elastic Wrap
The XM4 excels as a weapon that can be used in any situation, so we’ve chosen five attachments that work no matter the distance or scenario.
The Field Agent Grip is a must-have for most ARs, as it reduces vertical and horizontal recoil, making it easier for you to hit your shots. Whereas the Airborne Elastic Wrap makes sure you can aim down sights as quickly and accurately as possible.
Cold War Season 5 buffed Suppressors, so the Suppressor attachment is perfect for the XM4, reducing its penalty to the XM4’s range. This makes it an extremely worthwhile attachment for this Assault Rifle.
The 13.7″ Takedown barrel will help you deal more damage at distance by increasing your range, while the Microflex LED is perfect for accuracy, although you can choose whichever optic you prefer for this class.
Best Perks to use with Cold War Season 5’s XM4
- Perk 1: Tactical Mask & Flak Jacket
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ninja & Ghost
The great thing about the XM4 is the fact that you don’t need to run lots of attachments, which means you can save your Wildcard to give yourself as many Perks as possible.
Tactical Mask and Flak Jacket will give you good protection against grenades of any kind, while Scavenger will keep your ammo topped up throughout matches.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Assassin is useful to have so you can target enemies on killstreaks, while Ninja and Ghost will help you sneak up behind them.
Most recent XM4 buffs and nerfs in Cold War
The most recent adjustments made to the XM4 came with the weapon patch notes for Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
You can see the full list of changes here:
- Increased Reload Quickness from 2.6 sec to 2.5 sec
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Infantry Compensator from +12% to +15%
- Reduced Horizontal Recoil Control penalty on Infantry Compensator from -8% to -5%
- Increased Reload Quickness on Jungle-Style Mag from +20% to +30%
- Removed ADS Time penalty from 40 Rnd Speed Mag
- Reduced extra ammo of 40 Rnd Speed Mag from +10 to +5
- Changed Salvo 50 Rnd Fast Mag attachment to 45 Rnd Fast Mag
- Reduced ADS Time penalty on 45 Rnd Fast Mag from -25% to -12%
- Replaced SAS Mag Clamp with unique “B-Ops Mini Clamp” attachment. This attachment increases Reload Quickness by 50%, improves ADS Time by 10%, and provides an additional starting magazine, but reduces magazine ammo from 30 to 25.
How to unlock the XM4 in Cold War Season 5
Thankfully, you won’t need to do any grinding to get your hands on the XM4, as the Assault Rifle is available at Level 4 to pretty much use as soon as you boot up the game for the first time.
With Black Ops Cold War being integrated into Warzone, the gun is also available to use the next time you drop into Verdansk.
Best XM4 Cold War Season 5 alternatives
If you prefer something with a little more damage output, the Krig 6 is the undisputed king in the Assault Rifle class, while the LC10 is perfect for those who prefer to be mobile when playing.
Also, check out all the weapons in Vanguard so far.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch