Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Cold War Season 5 weapon buffs & nerfs: LC10, XM4, C58 & more
Season 5 is bringing a large amount of major weapon buffs and nerfs to Black Ops Cold War, and we have them all covered for you.
Treyarch Studios has officially revealed the Black Ops Cold War Season 5 update patch notes with one of the biggest highlights being the various weapon buffs and nerfs that are being applied to weapons like the LC10, XM4, C58, and many others.
Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War may have been officially delayed, but players were able to get a first look at all of the details for what will be changing in Cold War when Treyarch released the Season 5 update patch notes for the game on August 11, 2021.
The patch notes included a treasure trove of new content and changes, with one of the most important being various weapon buffs and nerfs for a number of weapons, including the infamous LC10 SMG.
Here is everything you need to know about the Cold War Season 5 weapons buffs and nerfs.
Cold War Season 5 weapon buffs and nerfs
It is always an exciting time when a new season brings weapon balancing changes that will no doubt shake up the meta for the popular first-person shooter.
The Season 5 update made buffs and nerfs to the XM4, QBZ-83, FFAR 1, Groza, FARA 83, C58, KSP 45, LC10, Assault Rifles, and Pistols that can be found below:
- New Season Five weapon tuning includes changes for a selection of assault rifles, SMGs, and Dual Wield pistols. Starting with assault rifles, we’ve reduced Suppressor attachment Bullet Velocity penalties for all ARs to better focus on their potential for damage at long ranges.
- Assault Rifles (All)
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Agency Suppressor attachment from -30% to -15%.
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
The XM4 is getting several new adjustments to assist with its handling, as well as a unique attachment. As one of our more popular weapons, the XM4 sees plenty of usage from experts and less experienced players alike, so we’ve made changes to specific attachments to appeal to players of all skill levels. Players may want to experiment with new attachment combinations after this update to find the sweet spot that works for them.
- Increased Reload Quickness from 2.6 sec to 2.5 sec.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Infantry Compensator from +12% to +15%.
- Reduced Horizontal Recoil Control penalty on Infantry Compensator from -8% to -5%.
- Increased Reload Quickness on Jungle-Style Mag from +20% to +30%.
- Removed ADS Time penalty from 40 Rnd Speed Mag.
- Reduced extra ammo of 40 Rnd Speed Mag from +10 to +5.
- Changed Salvo 50 Rnd Fast Mag attachment to 45 Rnd Fast Mag.
- Reduced ADS Time penalty on 45 Rnd Fast Mag from -25% to -12%.
- Replaced SAS Mag Clamp with unique “B-Ops Mini Clamp” attachment. This attachment increases Reload Quickness by 50%, improves ADS Time by 10%, and provides an additional starting magazine, but reduces magazine ammo from 30 to 25.
Though the QBZ-83 is a solid performer, it’s been underused compared to the rest of its class. We’ve reduced its recoil to help more players explore this weapon, develop a feel for it, and find success with it in-game.
- Reduced vertical recoil by 10%.
As the fastest-firing AR, the FFAR 1 should be serviceable in a more aggressive, close-quarters play style. To accomplish this, we’ve given the weapon additional high-damage potential at short range while retaining its original damage values for mid- to long-range combat. Hip fire has also been improved to help with short-range encounters. As a result, several of its Barrel attachments have also been adjusted. These changes allow a skilled player to leverage the FFAR 1’s shorter-range capabilities for a more versatile play style.
- FFAR 1
- Now deals 30 damage out to 12.7 meters for higher damage at short range.
- Increased Hip Fire Accuracy by 14%.
- Reduced Sprint to Fire Time penalty on Tiger Team Spotlight from -10% to -5%.
- Reduced Aim Walking Movement Speed penalty on 21.2” Ranger Barrel from -20% to -5%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 19.5” Reinforced Heavy Barrel from +100% to +40%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 19.5” Task Force Barrel from +50% to +20%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 20.3” Takedown Barrel from +150% to +80%.
With the Groza, handling speed is key. We’ve made visual improvements to help players take better advantage of this weapon’s quick handling, as well as attachment changes to lean into the Groza’s unique personality as a bullpup AR.
- Reduced vertical recoil by 15%.
- Reduced weapon movement when walking in ADS.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
- Increased Horizontal Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +17% to +25%.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +7% to +15%.
- Increased ADS Time bonus on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +15% to +30%.
- Reduced Flinch Resistance mitigation on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +80% to +70%.
- Increased Sprint to Fire Time bonus on KGB Pad from +30% to +50%.
- Reduced Hip Fire Accuracy penalty on KGB Pad from -30% to -20%.
Mid- and long-range combat are important factors for the FARA 83. Currently boasting the best range of any AR as well as a fast fire rate, this weapon requires consistency for success. As such, we’ve improved recoil and visibility while firing. While this AR was originally concepted to fill more a marksman-like role on larger maps, it has proven to be reliable in most game modes. Developing a sense for controlled firing will lead to even more success with this weapon.
- FARA 83
- Reduced initial recoil when firing the weapon.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
While the C58 is a powerful weapon in capable hands, some of its handling characteristics initially created a high barrier for proficiency. We’ve addressed this by improving the recoil, feel, and visibility while firing the weapon. The C58 isn’t recommended for close quarters, but with proper ammo management, this weapon can perform much like an LMG with the handling of an AR.
- Overhauled recoil system.
- Improved weapon visibility when initially firing.
- Increased Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 30.48m.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
Moving onto SMGs: the KSP 45 has recently overperformed at ranges we feel are better suited for other weapons. We’ve made slight adjustments to its burst fire speed and effective damage range to alter the feel of the weapon just enough that focused players won’t feel much of a difference, but others won’t feel as “lucky” with this weapon.
- KSP 45
- Reduced Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 22.86m.
- Slowed burst fire delay from 0.066 to 0.083.
In the weapon lore of Black Ops Cold War, the LC10 is an SMG created by a sniper rifle manufacturer. Accuracy – specifically at range – is part of its personality. The LC10 also features very little damage drop off to create a very consistent time to kill over a large distance. With the launch of Season Five, we’re making slight adjustments to recoil and range to raise the skill level required for success.
- Reduced medium damage range from 50.8m to 45.72m.
- Increased recoil on the first and 12th bullets.
Dual wielding pistols now has a slight movement speed penalty. While not being able to aim down sights is a sizeable trade-off, movement speed has always been a top factor for success with short-range weapons. Lowering the movement speed while dual wielding creates more of a liability regarding range and positioning.
- Pistols (All)
- Dual Wield
- Reduced movement speed by 5%.
- Reduced strafe speed by 5%.
- Dual Wield
There is no doubt that players will be excited to test out all of the Cold War Season 5 weapon buffs and nerfs and see how they impact the meta when the new period of content goes live on August 12/13.
For more Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, check out everything you need to know about the Season 5 Battle Pass and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Are Pokemon Go servers down? Current server status
If you're experiencing connectivity issues during your playing sessions, here are some useful tips to check the Pokemon Go server...
All Whiscash weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If you're looking to defeat or catch Whiscash in a Pokemon game, here's everything you need to know about its...
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Armor changes, AEK 971, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's Update 4.1 that brings more classic weapons and gameplay changes.