Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes: Stability improvements, major bug fixes & Portal XP changes
Battlefield 2042’s first update of 2022 has arrived, with Update 3.2 bringing major bug fixes, stability improvements, changes to Portal XP, and buffs to the M1A5 and T28 tanks.
Battlefield 2042 has been plagued by major bugs and glitches over the holidays, but DICE are working on getting the game back on track. Alongside announcing the 3.3 Update in February, which finally brings a Scoreboard, they’ve also dropped the Update 3.2 patch notes.
This update will include Portal XP buffs as well as some major bug fixes, so here are the full patch notes.
- Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 release date
- Portal XP buffed in Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2
- Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 release date & time
Battlefield 2042’s 3.2 Update will release on January 20 at 12 AM PT / 3 AM ET / 8 AM GMT.
DICE confirmed that there won’t be any downtime for the update, so you can play as soon as the update is downloaded.
Portal XP buffed in Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2
DICE revealed that they’re buffing Portal XP with the 3.2 update, “increasing the per minute XP cap across all Battlefield Portal modes to 300.”
They’re also changing it so that the XP earned in each experience “will now be determined by which modifiers you use, and whether the Rules Editor, Damage/Health modifiers, or AI are enabled.” You can check out all of the changes in the image above.
A future update will include a UI indicator showing if a created mode will have progression restrictions.
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 patch notes
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behavior of the quit button during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn’t always register on some parts of Sundance’s hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue where being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver’s turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 – improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of round sequence
- Rules Editor – the “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons
- Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed
Battlefield 2042’s Update 3.3 will drop in February and the long-awaited Season 1 is expected to arrive in March.
Image Credit: DICE / EA