Battlefield 2042 update 3.1.2 patch notes: Release date, new Portal weapons & balance changes
Battlefield 2042 update 3.1.2 lands this month with brand-new content and balance changes. Here are the full patch notes for the Battlefield 2042 Season 3 update.
Luckily for players, a new update is arriving for Battlefield 2042 in January 2023, which looks to spice things up with balance changes and new weapons for the Portal mode. Here’s everything you need to know about the Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 update, including the full patch notes.
- Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 update release date & time
- New Battlefield Portal weapons
- Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 update patch notes
Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 update release date & time
The new Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 patch will go live on January 17, 2023, at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 10 AM BST.
According to the blog, the Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 update mainly focuses on resolving “several immediate issues,” as well as bringing some new content to the Battlefield Portal.
New Battlefield Portal weapons
The update will bring six guns to the Battlefield Portal weaponry, all of which are part of the Battlefield 1942 arsenal.
The weapons being introduced are “the Mk VI Revolver, Gewehr 43, Gewehr 43 ZF4, M1 Garand Sniper, No 4 and the Sten.”
Battlefield 2042 3.1.2 update patch notes
- Spearhead is now available on multiple Official Templates in the Web Builder, such as Conquest Hardcore, FFA and Team Deathmatch
- Spearhead: Resolved an instance of clipping with the camera during the insertion phase at the start of a match
- We have fixed an issue where Specialists were not rendering correctly during the insertion phases at the start of a match, sorry for giving you a fright
- Sundance: Anti-Armor Grenade’s are now correctly intercepted by Vehicles that have Active Protection Systems triggered
- Crawford: Resolved an issue where there was no iconography to display the progression of overheating while using the Mounted Vulcan Stationary Minigun
- 50MM Cannon Pod Ammo on Transport Air Vehicles increased from 8 -> 10
- Resolved an issue where for a brief period of time, the EMKV90-TOR’s turret speed would be slowed after firing with the HHV-EMG Maul Primary Weapon
- Fixed some cases of recoil compensation not being consistent upon firing for prolonged periods of time
- Damage for the Rorsch MK-4 has been reduced against Vehicles while in the High Power Capacitor variant of the Weapon (Single Shot), this change is to ensure that the Rorsch is able to assist in taking out some vehicle targets however isn’t the predominant way to take out targets as has been previously witnessed.
- Heavy vehicles now take approximately 50% less damage
- Light vehicles now take approximately 25% less damage
- High Power Capacitor Charge Up increased from 0.8 -> 1 second
- Damage for the MCS-880 has been improved for Close Range scenarios, bringing it in line with other Utility Weapons such as the 12M Auto and NVK-S22.
- Damage per pellet has increased from 8 -> 15 at a range of under 20 meters with Default Buckshot rounds (#01 Buckshot)
- NVK-P125 Bursts per Minute increased from 150 -> 160, this should now align with the intended tempo of the weapon
For more on Battlefield 2042, make sure you check out which big accessibility change Modern Warfare 2 players would like to steal from BF2042 and Dr Disrespect’s opinion on a Battlefield battle royale game.
Image Credits: DICE / EA