Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event patch notes: Release date, Ash Heirloom, skins, Heatwave LTM & more
Here are the full Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event patch notes, including all 24 cosmetic items in the collection, Ash’s Heirloom, and the new Heatwave LTM.
Apex Legends players have been gifted yet another Collection Event in Season 16, bringing a bunch of new cosmetics, a new Heirloom, and a few balance changes in the patch notes.
With Season 17 on the horizon, players are getting plenty of content leading up to the new season. With that said, let’s get into all of the content that has arrived with the Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event.
- Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event release date
- Apex Legends Ash Heirloom: Strongest Link
- Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event skins
- Apex Legends Heatwave LTM
- Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event patch notes
Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event release date
The Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event was released on March 28, 2023, at around 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM GMT. The event will end in two weeks on April 11, 2023.
The event was released on this date and time with a brand-new set of 24 cosmetics, the Ash Heirloom, and a new LTM.
Apex Legends Ash Heirloom: Strongest Link
For those who acquire all 24 items in the Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event, you will receive the Ash Heirloom as your reward.
The Apex Legends Ash Heirloom is called “Strongest Link,” and they are nunchucks with blades that pop out of the top of them. These look deadly, and through the preview video on the blog, players can get a glimpse at some of the animations for the Heirloom.
Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event skins
There are a total of 24 new cosmetic items up for grabs during the Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event, as well as a free Reward Tracker with more rewards. These include a variety of Legendary skins for characters, counting the extremely highly-requested Loba “swimsuit” skin.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Legendary skins have arrived for the following Legends: Ash, Newcastle, Mirage, Seer, Loba, Catalyst, and Loba. There will also be Legendary weapon skins for the Havoc, Wingman, and Flatline. You can check these skins out in the video below.
Apex Legends Heatwave LTM
A new LTM has also arrived as part of the Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event, which is called Heatwave.
In this new LTM, normal Trio rules apply, but players will need to protect themselves from the sun on Storm Point, which will beam down and damage players when the periodic heatwaves that happened throughout the match are active.
Players can protect themselves from the heatwave by taking cover indoors, and if you’re caught outside, you can slide to cool yourself down or even use a Heatshield, which have been enhanced for the LTM.
As seen in the trailer, you can also get Sunglasses from the Care Package which will “mitigate the effects of the sun.”
Apex Legends Sun Squad Collection Event patch notes
- EVA-8 enters the replicator
- 30-30 Repeater enters the replicator
- Longbow DMR returns to the floor
- Volt SMG returns to the floor
Ash – Arc Snare
- Cooldown decreased from 25s to 20s
- Travel speed increased from 700 to 1200
- Tether activation delay and snare grow time decreased by about 50% (The Arc Snare will more reliably hit intended targets)
Quality of Life
- Hide in-world item UI’s when aiming down the sight
- Hide in-world crafting UI’s in the center of the screen when aiming down the sight
- [Perks] Extended Supply Bins will more reliably give survival items in some cases when they are needed.
- [Perks] Weapon Supply Bins will more reliably give attachments to teammates in specific edge cases.
- [Perks] Both Weapon and Extended Supply Bins no longer spawn in close proximity to Bins of the same type.
- Fixed a bug where re-rolling Daily Challenges would not produce the intended result of providing a non-mode dependent challenge.
- Fixed issue with players experiencing a loud start-up noise when starting a Team Deathmatch game with reactive weapon skin equipped.
- [Seer] Fixed bug where Seer could always see enemies with his passive since the UI updates to the minimap.
- [Octane] Fixed the bug where players could not cycle their weapons when using the Stim tactical while on a zipline.
- [Pathfinder ] fix for cases when landing onto a Jump Pad after using any length grappling hook will cause it to go extended cooldown.
- Fix for cases where players could not reload their gun when standing close to Wattson’s Pylon and aiming at it.
- [Xbox Series X Only] Fixed a bug with chat messages where the first message would not be received by the other party member who is on Xbox.
- Reduced the smoke VFX for Peacekeeper’s “Frostbite” reactive skin for better visibility in low-light areas.
- [DX12] Fixed bug where the player’s crosshairs would be disabled when Anti-Aliasing is set to ‘None’ and Aspect Ratio is not native.
- [DX12] Game no longer letterboxes when the aspect ratio is greater than 16:0 (in DX12, windowed)
- Fix for cases where the minimap would show a completely different location for Crypto when using the drone.
For more on Apex Legends, be sure to also check out some of our other guides on the battle royale below:
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? | Will Arenas return to Apex Legends? | When is cross-progression coming to Apex Legends? | How to get Apex Legends Twitch Prime Gaming rewards | Best Legends in Apex Legends | All Apex Legends voice actors | Apex Legends current pick rates
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment