Who is Apex Legends’ Newcastle? Abilities & more
Apex Legends players are intrigued by a new character that has been revealed for Season 13. Here’s all the information you need on the Season 13 Legend, Newcastle.
As well as Storm Point map changes, Apex Legends players are getting a brand new Defensive Legend known as Newcastle in Season 13.
This new Legend is looking to shake up the roster and disturb the current Gibraltar meta, which is especially present in Ranked which is also going through a major rework for Season 13.
With that being said, let’s get into everything we know about the Apex Legends Season 13 Legend, Newcastle.
Who is Apex Legends’ Newcastle?
Newcastle, real name Jackson Williams, is a new Defensive Legend that will be arriving in Respawn‘s battle royale for Season 13. Thanks to the Season 13 reveal trailer, players finally have confirmation that he is indeed the brother of Bangalore – Jackson.
Bangalore originally thought Jackson was dead, but no body was found. Once he realized the IMC were the “bad guys,” Jackson went AWOL, leaving his sister and previous life behind, creating a family in Harris Valley under the name Lamont Craig.
Newcastle is known as the “Hero of Harris Valley,” and he has entered the Games to protect his hometown and children from a threatening gang called the “forgotten families.”
Ultimately, this mob owns the town, and in order to get them to leave, payment is needed. The best way to make the money to pay this gang to leave the town alone is through the Apex Games, hence Newcastle’s entry.
Apex Legends Newcastle abilities
Newcastle is a Mobile Defender, a Defensive Legend whose abilities are focused on protecting himself and his teammates.
- Passive: Retrieve the Wounded:
- Using his wrist-mounted Revive Shield, Newcastle can protect himself and his companion from incoming fire while he revives and pulls his ally to safety. The Revive Shield is powered by Newcastle’s own Knockdown Shield, so finding higher levels of this item increases the strength of this ability.
- Tactical: Mobile Shield:
- Newcastle creates a hovering energy shield and can control its movement to adapt to the ever changing combat fronts of the battlefield. Advance the line, cover a retreat or turn the shield to guard against a sudden flank. The Mobile Shield’s versatility and top/bottom shield projections give creative opportunities to the tactical defender.
- Ultimate: Castle Wall:
- Drawing his signature shield from his back, Newcastle leaps into action and slams the shield to the ground activating the construction of a massive fortress to give him and his allies a strong defensive position. Enemies in its wake are knocked back and those who try to push through the energized wall are punished and slowed.
- While Newcastle can leap great distances in a single bound with his Ultimate, it is even stronger when used to regroup. When targeting an ally, Newcastle can leap higher and farther than normal allowing him to heroically reach his companion and turn the tide of a fight.
As you can see, Newcastle’s abilities are all about cover and defensive play. The only part of his kit which is somewhat offensive is his Ultimate ability, as it can be used to leap and slam on an enemy, knocking them back while also creating a mobile base for your team to survive.
Newcastle could definitely rival the Gibraltar meta if these abilities are as strong as they sound, but we’ll have to wait for the season’s launch to get a true idea of his power.
Source: EA Blog
For more on Apex Legends, check out all the voice actors for Apex Legends in Season 13.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment