Overwatch 2 has a brand-new tank as Junker Queen has joined the battle. For those interested, here’s everything you need to know about the hero, including her abilities and how to play her effectively.
A lot is changing in Overwatch 2, including a shift from 6v6 to 5v5, as well as new characters being introduced, which is sure to bring a shift to team compositions and the meta.
There are a total of three new characters being introduced upon Overwatch 2’s release, Sojourn, Junker Queen, and Kirito. For those interested in picking up a new Tank, here’s our guide for Junker Queen, including her full ability list and the best way to play the hero.
Overwatch 2 Junker Queen abilities
Junker Queen is a brand-new Tank hero in Blizzard‘s Overwatch 2 whose kit is based around close combat. Being aggressive is key with Junker Queen, as she is rewarded with health for wounding enemies thanks to her Passive.
Here is the full list of Junker Queen’s abilities in Overwatch 2.
- Primary fire: Scattergun
- A pump action shotgun that has six bullets in a mag and can do up to 80 damage.
- Secondary fire: Jagged Blade (6 second cooldown)
- Throwing knife that returns and wound enemies on hit, dealing damage over time. Hitting an enemy with the knife while it’s on its way back will pull them towards Junker Queen.
- Passive: Adrenaline Rush
- Heal from all damage over time dealt by wounds.
- Ability 1: Commanding Shout (15 second cooldown)
- Junker Queen shouts and increases her health by 200, as well as increasing ally health by 50. Also increases movement speed by 30%.
- Ability 2: Carnage (8 second cooldown)
- Junker Queen swings her axe to wound all enemies in front of her (5-meter range), dealing 90 damage and 40 wound damage over time.
- Ultimate Ability: Rampage (2520 points)
- Junker Queen charges forward while spinning her axe, wounding enemies and preventing them from being healed.
How to play Junker Queen in Overwatch 2: Top tips
While you may need to retreat in certain circumstances, Junker Queen is all about staying in the fight, specifically in close combat engagements. This is mostly due to her Adrenaline Rush Passive ability, which sees her gain heals after inflicting wound damage on enemies.
With that being said, you’re going to want to combo your Jagged Blade and Carnage ability as much as possible, as well as keeping the pressure on with your Scattergun. This will allow you to inflict as much wound damage as possible, keeping Junker Queen topped up on heals and therefore increasing her survivability.
Junker Queen’s Commanding Shout works similarly to Lucio’s Sound Barrier, as it will buff you and your allies with health and movement speed. This is great to use when your team needs some momentum to win a fight, as well as when as many of your teammates are in your vicinity as possible.
Lastly, Junker Queen’s Rampage Ultimate can also shift the momentum in a fight, as using it to hit multiple enemies can not only do serious damage but also provide Junker Queen with heals and prevent the enemy from healing.
Well, there you have it, that’s our guide on how to play Junker Queen in Overwatch 2. For more, make sure you check out whether the game features crossplay and cross-progression and how to transfer your skins from OW1 to OW2.
Image Credits: Blizzard Entertainment
All Warzone 2 DMZ key locations
Here are the exact locations where you can use of all of the DMZ keys scattered across Al Mazrah in...
How to get Apex Legends Twitch Prime Gaming rewards: January 2023
Here's how you can get the Rampart Apex Legends Prime Gaming skin and bundle during the month of January in...
FIFA 23 TOTY Honourable Mentions revealed: Vinicius Jr, Valverde, Saka, more
FIFA 23 TOTY Honourable Mentions rewards those who just missed out on the Team of the Year squad, so here's...