Overwatch 2’s Sojourn is a brand-new hero who has the power to help the team out drastically when it comes to DPS. Here are all of Sojourn’s abilities as well as some top tips for those looking to play her.
For those who like to be at the center of the chaos when it comes to unloading as much damage upon the opposite team as possible, here’s everything you need to know about the new DPS hero Sojourn, including her abilities and the best strategies for playing the hero.
Overwatch 2 Sojourn abilities
- Primary fire: Railgun
- Sojourn’s Railgun shoots rapid-fire projectiles that generate charge for her Secondary Fire on hit. The Railgun is great for mid-range, hitting for 9 damage per shot with a high fire rate.
- Secondary fire: Secondary Fire
- A high-impact shot that consumes the stored energy generated from Primary fire. The damage ranges from 30-130 (charges up to 100).
- Ability 1: Power Slide (6 second cooldown)
- A ground slide that can cancel into a high jump.
- Ability 2: Disrupter Shot (15 second cooldown)
- An energy shot that slows and does damage to enemies who are in its vicinity (210 total damage).
- Ultimate Ability: Overclock (2100 points)
- Railgun energy auto-charges for a short duration and charged shots will pierce enemies.
How to play Sojourn in Overwatch 2: Top tips
Sojourn isn’t the easiest DPS hero to play in Overwatch 2, mostly because her kit relies on the player having excellent aim. Sojourn relies on her Railgun, and so being accurate and getting critical hits with the Railgun while also charging and using the Secondary fire is vital when it comes to damage output.
Players will need to use the Primary fire (projectiles) to charge up the Secondary fire (hit-scan), and then unleash the high-impact shot to finish off a target or do some major damage.
Using Sojourn’s Disrupter Shot is very important for close-range engagements, as it prevents the enemy from getting away while also doing huge damage. Players can also use the Disrupter Shot to slow enemies and stop them from following Sojourn when trying to escape or retreat from a situation.
Speaking of being evasive, Sojourn’s Power Slide is the key to her playstyle, as it allows her to be very shifty and hard to hit. For those who are fans of Apex Legends, Sojourn’s Power Slide is similar to the movement seen in Apex, as players will need to use it in order to evade shots and reposition while also reigning down fire.
Lastly, we have Sojourn’s Ultimate, Overclock, which refills the Railgun’s energy and allows the player to use the Secondary fire a lot quicker, which can be devastating. It also makes the Secondary fire pierce enemies, allowing you to hit multiple targets with one shot.
Well, there you have it, those are our top tips for playing Sojourn in Overwatch 2. For more, check out how to get Overwatch 2 Twitch Drops.
Image Credits: Blizzard Entertainment
FIFA 23 World Cup Path to Glory upgrade tracker
FIFA 23 Ultimate Team players can use our World Cup Path to Glory tracker to find out which cards from...
Best guns in Modern Warfare 2 Season 1: Every weapon ranked
Modern Warfare 2 brings over 50 weapons, so we've ranked every one from best to worst and counted down the...
How to get Kingambit in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trainers will need to evolve their Bisharp to obtain a Kingambit, so here’s how it’s done.