What is Gauntlet Mode in Black Ops 4 Zombies? All “Unsinkable” Challenges
In celebration of 115 day, Treyarch has added a new mode to Black Ops 4 Zombies.
On 8 January we first got word of a new mode coming to Zombies and on 115 day, it is now live. Gauntlet sits along side other modes like Zombie Rush, Classic, and Public, and can be found when selecting which map you want to play on.
Currently, there is only one map playable in Gauntlet mode which is Voyage of Despair and called Unsinkable, with a second Gauntlet coming in late January. This mode also follows Classic ruleset, meaning you start with 200 health.
What makes Gauntlet unique is that it’s a round-based challenge mode with rules changing every round. Every ten rounds players are rewarded with a medal and a calling card for their first completion.
If players fail any of these challenges, or go down, they are given a strike and the round resets. Three strikes and it’s game over.
List of challenge rules for Unsinkable:
- Round 1: Survive the Round without taking damage
- Round 2: Kill Zombies with equipment only
- Round 3: Use melee only
- Round 4: Survive the round with at least one perk active
- Round 5: Use the Essex Model 07 Lever Action Rifle Only
- Round 6: Activate the Sentinel Artifact
- Round 7: Possess the Shield at the End of the Round
- Round 8: All Buys are disabled
- Round 9: Obtain a weapon from the mystery box
- Round 10: Defend the Cargo Hold while flooded
- Round 11: Open all doors in the map
- Round 12: Survive a wave of crawling dead
- Round 13: Possess a re-packed weapon by the end of the round
- Round 14: Complete the round with Zero Perks
- Round 15: Defend the Poop Deck
- Round 16: Use the lever action rifle only
- Round 17: Kill Zombies with headshots only
- Round 18: Avoid all powerups
- Round 19: Damage to players causes points drain
- Round 20: Survive a Stoker onslaught in then Engine Room
- Round 21: Every player must possess a level 3 special weapon
- Round 22: Kill Catalyst Zombies using the corresponding reactive alternate ammo type.
- Round 23: Reset to your starting weapon
- Round 24: Replenish health drain with Zombie Kills
- Round 25: Defend the Forecastle with no special weapons
- Round 26: Complete the round before the timer runs out
- Round 27: Use the lever action rifle only
- Round 28: No heads-up display (HUD)
- Round 29: Pack-a-punched weapons are disabled
- Round 30: Clear the Grand Staircase!
The challenges are the same every time as well, so whenever you load up Unsinkable, round 8’s challenge will always be “All buys are disabled”
It’s also important to note the bottom left of your screen that shows if you completed the round’s challenge or objective with a check mark or counter.
Another aspect of Gauntlet mode is that they are all timed, so speed running is highly encouraged.
Treyarch has stated that this is the first of many Gauntlets, and more will be coming throughout 2019. Check back on the site when those go live to get a list of their rules as well.