Modern Warfare Season 1 – What’s Available Now and What’s Coming Soon
Activision and Infinity Ward have noted that new content will be coming frequently during Season 1 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
The company has stated that there are plans to release new content weekly throughout the duration of Season 1, which begins today (December 3) and ends on January 28. It’s not clear what new content is coming each week, but we’ll keep you updated.
CONTENT AVAILABLE DECEMBER 3:
- NEW MP MAP: Crash
- NEW GUNFIGHT MAPS: Atrium and Cargo
- NEW Ground War Map: Engage in epic all-out war squaring off with 64 players on Port, a unique large-scale Ground War map set across cargo containers, cranes, buildings, and streets.
- NEW WEAPONS: Earnable for free for all players, the RAM-7 introduces a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle, while the Holger-26 is an LMG spec of the Holger model rifle.
- Classic Special Ops Experience: In Pitch Black, infil into Barkov’s vacant estate to recover and transmit all on-site intel to your tactical rover. In Grounded, engage and eliminate Al Qatala militants who have seized Barkov’s former airbase to steal weaponry and air assets.
- NEW Special Ops Experiences: In Operation Strongbox, use the crypto keys you’ve stolen to assault the bank, break into the vault, and put The Banker out of business.
- NEW MP Mode: In Reinforce, a hybrid mode between Domination, Search & Destroy, and Search & Rescue, capture points to revive fallen teammates and take all points to win the round.
CONTENT COMING DURING SEASON 1:
- NEW MP Maps: Vacant and Shipment. Joining Crash later in the season are two more reimagined maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, including Vacant, an abandoned office leading to intense interior combat across the complex, and Shipment, where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- NEW Gunfight Map: Shipment
- Classic Special Ops Experience: Bomb Squad will arrive further into Season One, where Armistice Team 4 QRF must defuse IEDs planted in an Urzikstan city before detonation.
- NEW Special Ops Experiences: In Operation Just Reward, coming to all players later in the season, cut off Al Qatala’s money supply in Verdansk and target the head of their financial operation by hacking the Banker’s mobile data centers.
- NEW MP Mode: Further into Season One, additional modes will go live including Infected, where it’s hunt or be hunted in the survival party game mode where eliminated survivors become infected. In O.S.P. Gunfight, the same mechanics of traditional Gunfight apply, with the distinct difference that players begin each match with no weapons or equipment and must pick them up once the match begins.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Season 1.