How to get six builders in Clash of Clans
Want to boost your base’s upgrades? Check out this guide on how to unlock the sixth builder in Clash of Clans as quickly as possible.
Builders in Clash of Clans create and build structures as well as heroes which is why you’ll never regret unlocking the sixth builder. If you’re yet to max out your building capabilities in Clash of Clans, check out this guide on how to get six builders in the game.
You cannot expect to progress in Clash of Clans without builders. While relying on one or two builders is not an issue in the early game, the amount of upgrades increases significantly after a point and the best way to save your time is by unlocking all six builders.
You start your Clash of Clans journey with just two builders and can purchase three more builders with 500 (3rd), 1000 (4th), and 2000 (5th) gems. Money spenders can directly purchase Gems from the shop and the F2P community can focus on removing obstacles from the bases and completing challenges from the Profile.
After you’ve unlocked the five builders in Clash of Clans with Gems, here’s how to unlock the sixth one with the help of Builder Base.
- How to unlock the sixth builder in Clash of Clans
- How to upgrade O.T.T.O Hut in Clash of Clans
- Best attacking strategies for your Builder Base in Clash of Clans
How to unlock the sixth builder in Clash of Clans
You must upgrade your Builder Hall in the Builder Base to Lv. 9 to get the sixth builder in Clash of Clans. There are two approaches to do this:
- Gradually build your Builder Base by upgrading all structures and then finally upgrading the Builder Hall.
- If your goal is to only unlock the sixth builder, just place all the compulsory buildings on the base, and without upgrading them, rush to Builder Hall 9.
At Builder Hall level 9, Clash of Clans players will unlock a building called O.T.T.O. Hut for their Builder Base. Upgrading this building helps in unlocking the sixth builder for your Home Base.
How to upgrade O.T.T.O Hut in Clash of Clans
There are four tasks that you must complete to upgrade your O.T.T.O. Hut to level 5 in Clash of Clans. These include:
- Task 1: Gear up an Archer Tower, a Mortar, and a Cannon in your Home Base with Gold. Mortars must be level 8 or above to be geared up and you can do so only after reaching Town Hall 10.
- Task 2: Upgrade your Builder Base’s Cannon Cart to level 18. To complete this quickly, you can choose to spend all your Elixir on the Cannon Cart in the Star Laboratory.
- Task 3: Upgrade Mega Tesla to level 9 with the help of Builder Base Gold. To quickly complete this task, you can rush to Builder Hall 9 while only focusing on upgrading the Mega Tesla with Gold.
- Task 4: Upgrade your Builder Base’s Battle Machine to level 30. To do so, you’ll need over 64,000,000 Elixir.
There is no particular order in which you have to complete these tasks. Moreover, you can get the sixth builder only after completing all of them so the order won’t matter anyway.
Best attacking strategies for your Builder Base in Clash of Clans
Because you’ll need a ton of Elixir and Gold to upgrade your O.T.T.O. Hut in Clash of Clans, it is important to learn some attack strategies that can help in getting the desired amount of loot.
- Read More: Best Overwatch 2 characters
Here are some strategies that should boost your loot at Builder Base 9:
- A line of Barbarians followed by Giants and Bombers. Once the troops enter the base, deploy Cannon Carts and the Battle Machine. Make sure to use the Battle Machine’s ability as soon as it becomes available.
- Drop Ship followed by Minions for a purely aerial attack. The former has a lot of HP and can act as a defense wall for the Minions that can deal quick damage to structures. Also, deploy the Battle Machine as soon as other troops enter the base.
- If you have fully upgraded Baby Dragons, you can make an entire army of these dragons and attack bases. The Battle Machine can provide the much-required additional support.
Do note that unless you’re into trophy-pushing, collecting Elixir and Gold in your Builder Base should not be a hassle. Simply upgrade some of your troops and learn the best placement strategies.
All in all, unlocking the sixth builder in Clash of Clans is quite the grind that requires you to upgrade structures and troops while also having a hefty amount of Elixir and Gold. However, once you reach higher Town Hall levels (10 and above), you’ll realize that the sixth builder really is a necessity.
For similar content on popular mobile games, check out our coverage of Pokemon Go, Genshin Impact, and Brawlhalla.
Image Credits: Supercell
Are Pokemon Go servers down? Current server status
If you're experiencing connectivity issues during your playing sessions, here are some useful tips to check the Pokemon Go server...
All Whiscash weaknesses & resistances in Pokemon
If you're looking to defeat or catch Whiscash in a Pokemon game, here's everything you need to know about its...
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.1 patch notes: Armor changes, AEK 971, more
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's Update 4.1 that brings more classic weapons and gameplay changes.