Halo Infinite December 2022 patch notes: Custom Games Browser, new multiplayer map & more
Halo Infinite received a major update that brought new content to the game in December 2022, including the Custom Games Browser as well as a new map, and we’ve got the full patch notes.
The Halo Infinite developers implement update patches that bring new content as well as bug fixes to the popular first-person shooter title, and a new one arrived in the game on December 6, 2022.
This new update has brought notable changes to Halo Infinite, including a new multiplayer map and quality-of-life improvements. We’ve got a complete breakdown of the December 2022 update patch notes.
- Custom Game Browser arrives in Halo Infinite December 2022 update
- Halo Infinite Empyrean multiplayer map
- Halo Infinite December 2022 update armor customization changes
- Halo Infinite December 2022 update patch notes
Custom Game Browser arrives in Halo Infinite December 2022 update
This new feature lets you start and join a Custom Games on any map and mode, including content that has been created in Forge. All players in the session will stay in the same Fireteam after the Custom Game ends, and the leader can start a new Custom Game.
The Custom Games Browser was available with Forge in 2007’s Halo 3 and allowed players to fully customize matches. Now, it’s finally arrived in Halo Infinite. However, the developers made it clear that this is a “V1,” so you should expect a few “rough edges.”
Halo Infinite Empyrean multiplayer map
The Pit map from Halo 3 has been rebuilt in Forge and has now arrived in Halo Infinite as Empyrean. This reworked map has a familiar layout that long-time Halo players will remember with new aesthetic changes.
This map features two towers that are perfect for sniper duels, a control room that’s ideal for close-range battles, and rockets that you can use to blow up your opponents.
Halo Infinite December 2022 update armor customization changes
In order to ensure that players don’t miss out on in-game content, the Halo Infinite developers have made all present Armor cores available to every player. Now, players can access the Mark VII, Mark V [B], Rakshasa, Yoroi, and Eaglestrike Armor Cores for free.
Each of these Armor Cores now has 10 Cadet Coatings as well, including non-default cores. Halo Infinite players have more armor customization options than before after the December 2022 update.
Halo Infinite December 2022 update patch notes
The Halo Infinite December 2022 update patch also brought numerous quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes to give players a smoother gameplay experience.
Here are the Halo Infinite December 2022 update patch notes:
- Mouse & Keyboard: Improvements have been made to mouse and keyboard input. This includes aiming improvements, enabling red reticle, adding a walk button (which has its own suite of custom options around speed and hold/toggle), and improvements have also been made to the mouse scroll wheel input.
- Networking & Desync: Improvements have been made to networking, which should reduce instances of “desync.” Vehicles desycning, melee attacks not registering, and blank shots (due to fake reloads) should all see improvements with this update.
- Player reporting: In-game player reporting has been added to the scoreboard (accessed during a match by pressing the Back button) and post-game carnage report. Players can also be muted from the Back button scoreboard.
Improved the behavior around a physics bug that allowed players to “snap slide” in multiplayer maps. “Curb sliding” has not been adjusted and will continue to work with this update.
If two players with broken shields melee each other at the same time and one is wielding an Energy Sword, both players will now die.
Resolved issues and bug fixes
- Connecting a mouse & keyboard to an Xbox console while Halo Infinite is already running no longer locks the player to a 45 degree look radius.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel during gameplay to swap between carried weapons is now less likely to result in swapping back to the original weapon.
- Improved stability for the PC version of Halo Infinite. PC Players should expect to see less crashes after installing this update.
- The simulation rate now matches the framerate, meaning uncapped and higher framerates on PC will no longer result in unnecessary CPU usage.
- Sliding into Kinetic Launchers will now consistently result in players launching the intended distance.
- In the multiplayer map Bazaar, weapon racks will now spawn the same weapons on each team’s side of the map.
- Active Camo will no longer deactivate if a player lands on a sloped surface such as a ramp or a staircase.
- Shooting an enemy’s weapon with the Disruptor now correctly applies damage over time to the enemy.
- In King of the Hill multiplayer matches, the third Hill location is no longer skipped.
- This bug previously led to King of the Hill being temporarily removed from Ranked playlists. Now that this bug has been fixed, King of the Hill will return to Ranked playlists in an upcoming backend service update. Stay tuned to @HaloSupport on Twitter for updates.
- The match intro sequence showing players’ their team will now consistently play on Forge maps that support them, including both the Argyle and Detachment maps.
- Players using the VK78 Commando Rifle’s scope will now appear correctly to Observers swapping between player perspectives.
- The volume of most Kill Effect sounds has been reduced for the player on the receiving end of the Kill Effect. The volume for the player with the Kill Effect equipped has not been adjusted.
- The one exception to this change is the Birthday Bash Kill Effect. The volume of this Kill Effect has not been adjusted.
- Filtering the Popular Maps menu to only show Copy Protected files will now consistently filter out unprotected maps.
- By default, the Nameplate menu now sorts each rarity tier of Nameplates in alphabetical order.
- Saving a copy of an existing mode in the Custom Games menu will now swap the lobby’s currently selected mode to the new copy of the mode.
Local Area Network (LAN)
- When playing a Custom Game using the Local Area Network (LAN) server option, all players and observers will no longer be removed from the lobby when attempting to load into either the Argyle or Detachment multiplayer maps.
- The icons for the eUnited Playoff Mark VII Armor coating and the BR75 Battle Rifle Weapon Coating now use the correct colors.
- Favorited Customization items are now correctly carried over between relaunches of Halo Infinite.
Forge Creation Tools
- Players on Xbox consoles are now able to scroll through multiple pages of images when editing the screenshots associated with owned Forge files.
- To add screenshots to owned Forge files, navigate to your file’s Details menu then select the Edit Screenshots option under the Owner header.
- During the mission The Tower, the door to Chak Lok’s boss arena now opens consistently.
- After completing the boss fight and activating the terminal at the end of the mission Spire, players in a Network Co-Op session will no longer be stuck on a loading screen or stuck in place if they skip the cutscene.
Achievements & Unlocks
- The Requiem Revengeance stance, Act of Genesis stance, and the Infinity weapon charm can now be unlocked by achieving 100% completion on a single Halo Infinite Campaign save file.
- For save files that reached 100% completion prior to installing this update, players may need to load into the save and play for a couple of minutes to ensure these items are unlocked.
Image credits: 343 Industries