How to spoiler an image on Discord mobile
Discord mobile is loaded with quality of life features like its PC version and spoiler tags are definitely one of the best among them. To save your Discord community from seeing any spoilers, check out this detailed guide on how to spoiler an image on Discord mobile.
Discord has made a name for itself among gamers owing to the wide range of features it offers. From screen sharing to video and voice calls, it incorporates everything that a messaging app should have. This list of sought-after features also includes spoiler tags.
Here’s a quick guide to using spoiler tags for images on Discord mobile when you’re trying to be mindful of others.
How to use Discord spoiler tags on mobile
Follow these steps to mark an image as a spoiler on Discord mobile:
- Launch Discord and go to the desired server and text channel.
- Tap the + sign on the left side of the message box and select the image you want to send. Make sure that you do not hit send directly and tap somewhere else to find the picture attached to the message box.
- Press on the attached image which should open another window asking if you want to mark it as a spoiler.
- Check the box to mark it as a spoiler.
Now, all members of the channel will see a spoiler tag in front of the image and they won’t be able to see the contents unless they consent to it.
Spoiler tags on Discord mobile also work for texts and links. You need to use the || (for instance, ||text||) sign before and after your message and it’ll be displayed as a spoiler when you send it.
Similarly, use the || symbols before and after a link, and Discord’s mobile app will automatically mark it as a spoiler upon sending.
How to turn on/off Discord spoiler tags
Even though it’s wise to keep the spoiler tags settings on, Discord actually allows you to turn it off.
Follow these steps to turn off spoiler tags on Discord:
- Launch Discord and go to User Settings.
- Select Text & Images and choose when you want to see spoiler content.
- There are three options: On Click, On Servers I Moderate, and Always. Choose Always if you never wish to see a spoiler alert on Discord.
It is worth noting that you can turn off spoiler tags only on Desktop as the setting is currently unavailable on mobile.
For more content on Discord, you can check out: