How to beat Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact: End of Oneiric Euthymia weekly boss fight guide
Raiden Shogun debuted as a playable Electro character in Genshin Impact and the developers later released her as an intimidating weekly boss as well. If you’re yet to complete the Oneiric Euthymia boss fight in Genshin Impact, here’s a guide to beating Raiden Shogun easily.
Weekly bosses like Childe, La Signora, and Azhdaha are often considered the most powerful enemies in Genshin Impact. On the other end of the spectrum, archons like Zhongli, Raiden Shogun, and Venti are some of the most mighty playable characters in the game.
The Oneiric Euthymia weekly boss fight is such a nightmare for players because it requires them to fight an Archon in her most intimidating form. The Electro Archon, Raiden Shogun, uses a wide range of attacks and her aggressiveness compels you to be cautious at every step.
Having said that, you can beat Raiden Shogun with the right team and strategy. Check out this guide on how to evade Raiden Shogun’s attacks and beat the weekly boss easily.
- How to unlock Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact
- Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact: Attacks and forms explained
- Best teams to defeat Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact
- Rewards for beating Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact
How to unlock Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact
You’ll need to complete the Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II – Transient Dreams quest to unlock the Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact. At the end of the story quest, you’ll fight the boss for the first time and you’ll be able to defeat her.
- Read More: Who is the ‘Unknown God’ in Genshin Impact?
After completing the quest, a new domain called End of Oneiric Euthymia will be available on your map near the Grand Narukami Shrine. The exact location has been marked in the image below:
Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact: Attacks and forms explained
Raiden Shogun has two forms. When you start the battle, you’ll witness the first form and she’ll be either in her Musou Isshin stance or Engulfing Lightning stance. The Electro Archon uses a Sword in the former and a Polearm in the latter.
Raiden Shogun weekly boss first phase – Musou Isshin or Engulfing Lightning stance
Here are the attacks that the Raiden Shogun weekly boss uses in her standard form and how you can avoid taking damage from them:
- Melee attacks – Every melee attack by Raiden Shogun is preceded by a white flash animation. As soon as you see this, use your dash to evade it.
- Projectiles – If you’re distant from Raiden Shogun, she will throw Electro projectiles at you. The tip here is to save your stamina and dash right when the projectiles are about to hit you.
- Electrocoli – If Raiden Shogun starts the battle with a Polearm, she’ll summon an Electrocoli mid-way that can explode if you don’t break it. Break the Electrocoli quickly with a fast attacker like Xiao or Xianling and Raiden will enter a weakened stage in which you should focus on unleashing your most powerful Elemental attacks on her.
- Three Electrocoli – Raiden Shogun can also summon three Electrocoli at once. In such a situation, focus on breaking one Electrocoli quickly and stay away from the other two. Wait for them to explode and then continue with your attacks.
- Shadow Clone – Raiden Shogun creates two clones with this ability implying that you’ll see three Raiden Shoguns in the arena. To spot the original boss, look for the Raiden Shogun that shoots an X-shaped attack instead of a single slash. Attacking the original Raiden will stun her and you’ll be able to deal additional damage.
- Shield – Raiden Shogun will create a shield like Childe in this stage. Try to break it with your most powerful attacks and if you fail to do so, she’ll perform a counterattack that deals a ton of damage. For such situations, healers and shielders come in handy.
- Electro storm – Before entering her second Shadowlord form, Raiden Shogun might summon an Electro storm that drops thunder strikes over the entire arena. To dodge them, go to the arena’s edge and stand between the Electro seeds.
Do note that the Electrocoli moves take place when she’s using the Polearm (Musou Isshin stance) and the Shadow Clone move is a part of her Engulfing Lightning stance.
While performing these attacks, Raiden Shogun will gain Ominous Destiny which is showcased through a meter under the right corner of her HP bar.
Raiden Shogun weekly boss second phase – Baleful Shadowlord form
Raiden Shogun’s Baleful Shadowlord form significantly increases her damage output and resistance to all types of elemental damage and decreases the energy of your characters. The goal is to break her shield (showcased by the purple bar below the HP bar) due to which she will return to her normal form.
Here’s a list of attacks that Raiden Shogun uses in her second phase and how to dodge them:
- Iai slash – Raiden Shogun does a horizontal attack with her sword. It has a long animation and as soon as you watch a white flash on the screen, dash to avoid the attack.
- Two melee attacks – Raiden Shogun does two melee attacks continuously. It starts with a vertical slash followed by a horizontal Iai slash. To avoid damage, just dash to any side during the vertical slash.
- Shadow Hands – Raiden Shogun will summon two shadow hands that will follow your character and clap to deal damage. Dash right when the palms are about to attack and check the white flash for perfect timing.
- Shadow – Raiden Shogun will summon an underground Electro shadow that will follow you for a few seconds and then explode. Unfortunately, you cannot evade the initial damage from this shadow. However, when it starts expanding/exploding, dash to avoid any extra damage.
- Sword attack – This is Raiden Shogun’s sword attack with a massive rectangular AoE that is also indicated on the ground. You can simply get out of the marked area to avoid this attack so make sure to save enough stamina. You can also go behind her and while she performs the attack, use your skills to deal some damage.
- Projectile – Raiden Shogun uses projectiles to attack you if you’re not in melee range. There are five vertical slashes followed by a horizontal slash. You can evade the vertical slashes as there are gaps between them. Just move to the side to avoid the horizontal slash because you won’t be able to dash through it.
- Electro Pillars – Raiden Shogun will summon three pillars that occasionally release horizontal Electro waves. You can either go to the arena’s edge and jump over these waves or use a healer/shielder to ignore the damage and keep attacking the weekly boss.
- Timestop move – This is Raiden Shogun’s most powerful move where she’ll first summon a Flower of Remembrance and then unleash a powerful sword strike. Break the flower with an Electro attack instantly and it’ll form a shield around you. If you’re unable to do this, your active character will die in a single hit.
These are all the attacks that Raiden Shogun will use in her Baleful Shadowlord form. When you break her shield, she’ll return to the standard form and use the phase 1 attacks mentioned above.
All in all, keep avoiding her attacks and dealing damage to defeat Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact.
Best teams to defeat Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact
The best team to defeat Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact must have at least one Electro character that breaks the remembrance flower, a strong pair of damage dealers like Ganyu, Xiao, Hu Tao, Itto, Diluc, Ayaka, or Eula, and finally, a healer/shielder.
- Read More: How to reroll in Genshin Impact
It is great if you have a damage-dealing Electro character like Yae Miko or Raiden Shogun herself. Kokomi, Bennett, Jean, Qiqi, and Diona are some of the best healers in the game. Even though shield characters lose some shield strength against the Raiden Shogun weekly boss, using the likes of Zhongli, Thoma, and Noelle can still be beneficial.
Based on these recommendations, here are some teams that you can try out to defeat Raiden Shogun:
- Yae Miko, Diluc, Xingqiu, Bennett
- Yae Miko, Hu Tao, Xingqiu, Bennett
- Keqing, Hu Tao, Xingqiu, Bennett
Rewards for beating Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact
You’ll get the following rewards for defeating the Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact:
- Adventure Experience
- Companionship EXP
- Vajrade Amethyst Gemstone Character Level-Up Material
- The Meaning of Aeons (Yae Miko Talent level-up material)
- Mudra of the Malefic General
- Tears of the Calamitous God
- Random 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star artifacts
Well, this was everything to know about defeating Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact. For similar content on the action RPG, check out how to level up fast, how to get more Primogems, and where to find Valberry.
Image Credits: miHoYo