Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 patch notes: Attack on Titan, new weapons, map changes & more
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 is here and it’s yet another major overhaul for the ongoing battle royale. Here’s everything included in the Fortnite v24.00, and the Chapter 4 Season 2 patch notes.
Fortnite Chapter 4 got underway with one of the biggest updates to hit the game to date. Players were treated to fresh mechanics like the Reality Augment perks, and major crossovers with franchises like The Witcher and My Hero Academia.
Now, Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 has arrived and it’s set to be another huge evolution for Epic’s popular BR. This time around, the devs have opted for a futuristic Japanese theme, as we enter Fortnite Mega.
So, let’s take a look at everything included in the Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2, including the patch notes for the v24.00 update.
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 start date & downtime
- Attack on Titan crossover in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 new weapons
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 map changes
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 bug fixes
- Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 patch notes
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 start date & downtime
Epic Games have confirmed that Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2, titled Fortnite Mega, will begin on Friday, March 10, 2023.
The downtime before the update began at 2 AM ET / 11 PM PT / 7 AM GMT on March 10, and is expected to last anywhere between one and a few hours.
During this time, the servers will be offline and you won’t be able to access Fortnite until the new season is live.
Attack on Titan crossover in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2
Fortnite is well known for its crossovers, and the groundbreaking anime Attack on Titan will be the major collaboration in Season 2. Following the inclusion of Geralt last season, Epic have confirmed that AoT’s Eren Jaeger will arrive later in the season as part of the Battle Pass.
Players can also expect plenty of Attack on Titan-themed cosmetics to go along with Eren, including an Emote, Icon, Pickaxe, Weapon Wrap, and even more pages that are yet to be revealed.
The AoT crossover fits in nicely with this season’s theme, which seems to be drawing inspiration from Japanese culture in many of its skins and locations.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 new weapons
The Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 update is also introducing four brand-new weapons that have never been seen in the game before. These are set to be powerful additions to your arsenal, so keep an eye out for them when looting up.
Check each new weapon in the Fortnite v24.00 update below:
- Kinetic Balde: Acquire one of these katanas and perform the artful Knockback Slash. Not holding back? Show no mercy and perform the devastating Dash Attack. The Dash Attack has three charges that enter a cooldown upon use.
- Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle: Silenced, highly accurate, and fully automatic, take up this weapon to give a new meaning to “mega”: it’s not always bold and brash, it’s sometimes cool and confident. (Get the Mythic version from defeating the boss “Highcard”…)
- Havoc Pump Shotgun: Like bold and brash better? Make a scene with this high-damage Shotgun. (Find the Mythic version from Vaults requiring Keycards…)
- Overclocked Pulse Rifle: Obtain this new Mythic Pulse Rifle from… a POI rifting in?
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 map changes
The new Fortnite update sees the island embrace a fresh Japanese theme, and this includes a brand-new biome with two new major locations – Mega City and Mega Mellow.
Mega City is a sprawling futuristic metropolis with tall skyscrapers to loot and grind rails to help you get around quickly. Then, Mega Mallow is the more serene surrounding area, full of traditional temples, colorful trees, and more.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 bug fixes
On top of all the new content coming in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2, the v24.00 update also introduces a number of key bug fixes. These weren’t included in the patch notes, but are available on the team’s official Trello board.
Check out all of the issues expected to be fixed in Chapter 4 Season 2 below:
- Exiles Emblem Wrap appears yellow.
- Some outfits, including Jonesy Ranger, look glossy and shiny.
- Kiss the Cup emote has incorrect audio.
Battle Royale & Zero Build
- School of Llama banners missing/greyed out.
- Peely’s Plunder may lead to treasure in inaccessible areas.
- Falcon Scout binds.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 update patch notes
Check out the full patch notes for the Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 below, courtesy of Epic Games:
New city, new streets, new vehicles:
- Victory Crown Rogue
- Be a flash of light. This two-person sports bike features high acceleration, sharp turning, and a boost-ready engine. Also known as the “Rogue Bike.”
- Nitro Drifter
- Want a car instead? Get in this four-seater and use its handbrake to drift ‘round the bend.
Vehicle note: The Dirt Bike vehicle, Motorboat vehicle, Chonkers Off-Road Tires vehicle mod, and Cow Catcher vehicle mod are vaulted in Battle Royale in v24.00.
MEGA City may be futuristic, but it’s still open to these unvaulted weapons:
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Cobra DMR
- Dragon’s Breath Sniper
- Combat Shotgun
- All Heisted Exotics
In addition to new and unvaulted weapons, wield these Chapter 4 Season 1 carryovers:
- Maven Auto Shotgun
- Red-Eye Assault Rifle
- Twin Mag SMG
- Tactical Pistol
- Chug Cannon
In Chapter 4 Season 2, Slurp Juice is now Legendary-rarity, restoring A LOT of Health and Shield fast. It also restores Health and Shield at the same time. Drink it before combat to help you come out on top! Find Slurp Juice from Keycard-requiring Vaults, a POI rifting in, or “Combat Caches.”
Roll new Reality Augments in Chapter 4 Season 2! Here are the seven new Reality Augments releasing with v24.00:
- Dumpster Diving
- Loot will spawn nearby when you leave a hiding place. Can occur once per hiding place.
- Treasure Hunting
- Nearby Chests are marked the first time you enter a POI.
- Slap Surplus
- Find a Slap Juice in every Chest you open. If the Chest already had a Slap Juice, it’ll have an extra one!
- Munitions Slide
- Gain medium ammo while sliding.
- Medium Ammo Amp
- Your weapons using medium ammo will have an increased magazine size.
- Dignified Finish
- Eliminations refresh a cooldown for the Kinetic Blade’s Dash Attack.
Roll returning Reality Augments too! Become mega-er with these Chapter 4 Season 1 carryovers:
- Light Fingers
- Sniper Surplus
- Chug Gunner
- Jelly Angler
- Shadow Striker
- More Parkour
The streets aren’t the only way to get about MEGA City. Jump on its grind rails then skate around the buildings and your enemies. Even use your weapons as you ride!
Need a break from urban battle? Step foot on the fresh, teal-tinted grass of MEGA City’s surroundings. This city isn’t the only new location in Chapter 4 Season 2 — it’s just one part of a brand new biome!
MEGA City isn’t the only futuristic city around. In the Cyber City Callout, we challenged island creators to create dynamic islands set in a cybernetic future. Little did these creators know, MEGA City was the inspiration! If you can’t get enough urban ambience, check out the Cyber City Discover row and jump into a curated selection of metropolises. The Cyber City Discover row will be live until March 26, 2023, at 9 AM ET.
Look mega good with Chapter 4 Season 2’s Battle Pass Outfits. With the Chapter 4 Season 2 Battle Pass purchase, you’ll auto-unlock the fine-tailored Renzo the Destroyer. Progress through the Battle Pass to unlock other Outfits, including the streetwear savant Thunder, the elegantly casual Highwire, and more.
MEGA IMPORTANT: COMPETITIVE NOTES!
Competitors! We’re kicking off Chapter 4 Season 2 with an exciting shake up. Check out our Chapter 4 Season 2 Competitive Details blog post for more information on competitive offerings this Season, including FNCS Major 2, Zero Build Cups, Victory Cash Cups, PlayStation Cups, and more!
Additionally, please note that the following are not included in competitive playlists:
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Heaisted Exotics
- Chug Cannon
- Sniper Surplus Reality Augment
- Chug Cunner Reality Augment
Also, the Rogue Bike and Nitro Drifter are currently not included in competitive playlists. These vehicles may be added to competitive playlists depending on our monitoring.
LEGACY OPERATING SYSTEM SUPPORT CHANGES
As previously announced, starting with Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 2, players will be required to use Windows 10 or higher in order to continue playing Fortnite natively on PC in an officially supported manner. Windows 7 and 8 are now officially unsupported in Fortnite.
For players unable to upgrade, NVIDIA GeForce NOW is an available alternative so you can continue playing Fortnite via streaming on your current Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC.
For more, be sure to take a look at our other Fortnite guides:
What does Siphon mean in Fortnite? | Best Fortnite keybinds | Best Fortnite controller settings | How to level up fast in Fortnite | Best Fortnite landing spots | Best Fortnite PC settings | How to get Falcon Scout in Fortnite | How to merge Fortnite accounts | All Fortnite NPC locations | What is the rarest Fortnite skin?
Image credit: Epic Games