Fortnite 24.10 update patch notes: Spring Breakout Easter event, unvaulted weapons, Super Styles, more
The Fortnite 24.10 update is the first major patch of Chapter 4 Season 2, so let’s take a look at everything it’s bringing to the table, including full patch notes.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 is in full swing, after the major update brought the long-awaited Attack on Titan crossover, alongside a host of fresh map locations and a shiny new Battle Pass to grind through.
But Epic Games never wait too long to drop the next patch, and the Fortnite 24.10 update is here to bring even more content to the battle royale.
So, let’s take a look at the Fortnite 24.10 early patch notes and break down everything that’s included.
- Fortnite 24.10 update release date & downtime
- Fortnite 24.10 Spring Breakout Easter event
- Fortnite 24.10 update: Unvaulted weapons
- Fortnite 24.10 update adds new Super Styles
- Fortnite 24.10 update patch notes
Fortnite 24.10 update release date & downtime
Epic Games released the Fortnite 24.10 update Wednesday, March 29, 2023. A period of downtime began at around 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM GMT, during which the servers were offline and players couldn’t search for a match.
The length of downtime can vary depending on the size of the update and if there are any problems, but it tends to last around an hour or two.
Fortnite 24.10 Spring Breakout Easter event
The Fortnite 24.10 update brings the new Spring Breakout Easter event, giving players a host of egg-themed Quests to complete and rewards to unlock.
The whole island will also be getting into the Easter spirit, with new brightly colored chickens roaming the map and special egg items that grant unique effects and buffs.
Fortnite 24.10 update: Unvaulted weapons
As part of the Fortnite Easter event, a number of classic egg-themed items have returned to the game, alongside a handful of unvaulted weapons that haven’t been seen for many seasons.
Check out all of the unvaulted weapons and items in the Fortnite 24.10 update below:
- Charge Shotgun
- Flint Knock
- Egg Launcher
- Egg Consumables
Fortnite 24.10 update adds new Super Styles
Fortnite players who are already reaching the end of the Battle Pass have been wondering what’s on offer after level 100, and the 24.10 update has introduced new Super Styles to unlock.
Five of the Battle Pass skins now have bonus Super Styles to work towards, check them out below:
Fortnite 24.10 update patch notes
Check out the full Fortnite 24.10 update patch notes below, courtesy of Epic Games:
Hop to It with Spring Breakout Quests
Just as the Island is full of life, decorate your Locker with colorful rewards by completing Spring Breakout Quests! The first Spring Breakout Quest will be available starting March 29 at 9 AM ET, and a new one will be added daily at 9 AM ET. The Quests will be available until April 11, 2023, at 12 AM ET.
What will you hatch by completing the Spring Breakout Quests? Most of them will get you XP, while some will reward a special Locker item:
- Day 1 Quest’s Reward: Bloomback Sack Back Bling
- Day 7 Quest’s Reward: Shell Smash Spray
- Day 9 Quest’s Reward: The Works Loading Screen
- Day 12 Quest’s Reward: A Spring Breakout Banner Icon
There are more rewards too. For completing 12 Spring Breakout Quests, you’ll receive the Nannerbloom Hammer Pickaxe, and for completing 22, you’ll unlock the Fresh Flyer Glider!
Which Came First, the Green Chicken or the Golden Egg?
Two new types of chickens and three new kinds of eggs are on the Island for the duration of Spring Breakout. You may notice green and purple chickens clucking about, leaving special eggs around the Island. Interacting with these unusual eggs will temporarily give you a benefit:
- Heal Eggs: These green eggs restore your Health and Shield slowly over time.
- Hop Eggs: These blue eggs temporarily give you a low gravity effect, and also give you Health.
- Golden Eggs: You can’t technically eat these eggs, but interacting with one grants you Bars! (Unlike Heal Eggs and Hop Eggs, Golden Eggs cannot be added to your inventory.)
Create Eggcellent Explosions with the Egg Launcher
The Egg Launcher breaks out of the vault for Spring Breakout! Find Egg Launchers from the ground, Chests, Supply Drops, or for sale from certain Characters. You can also get one from the new Springtime Blowout Reality Augment!
More In v24.10: New Battle Royale Reality Augments!
v24.10 introduces four other Reality Augments. Augment yourself with:
Regenerate Health and partial Shield while on grind rails or ziplines, except while in the Storm.
Go for Broke
Grants a Charge Shotgun and Flintknock Pistol.
Move faster and regenerate Health and partial Shield while swimming, except while in the Storm.
Grants the Pizza Party and some Chug Splashes!
Characters Spring into Even More Action
Just in case you need a little help during battle, eight Specialist Characters have dropped on the Island and are ready for hire! There are four different types of Specialists, each one with a different role to play:
- Scout Specialist: Scouts can pick off foes from afar with a Sniper, and can ping nearby enemies and Chests.
- Heavy Specialist: With their explosive inventory, Heavies specializes in making things go BOOM! Heavies can also take more damage than other Specialists.
- Supply Specialist: Supply Specialists drop ammo and mats for you to pick up (Note: Supply Specialists won’t drop mats in Zero Build.)
- Medical Specialist: Hired Medics heal you with Chug Splashes to restore your Health and Shield.
Collections Tab Rehaul
Being a social butterfly just got a whole lot easier. The Collections tab is now called the “Characters” tab and now shows a map displaying the location of all Characters on the Island, both the ones you’ve discovered and the ones you haven’t. Once you discover a Character, you can view their services in the Characters tab along with how many Bars their services cost. Check out the Characters tab by opening the map in a match and navigating to the tab!
(During Spring Breakout, keep an eye out for Cluck on the Island, as he has some goodies waiting to sell you.)
Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 2 Super Level Styles
Illuminate the future in style. In the Bonus Rewards section of the Battle Pass tab, bonus Styles for Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 2 Battle Pass rewards have been available for players who progress past Level 100. With v24.10, Chapter 4 Season 2’s Super Level Styles have been added as bonus rewards!
The Super Level Styles this Season? Progress past Level 125 during Chapter 4 Season 2 and start unlocking the Kinetic Rush, Neon Citrus, and Mega Wave Styles for the Thunder, Imani, Renzo the Destroyer, Mizuki, and Highwire Outfits.
Building and Editing Sensitivities
In v24.10, a Building Sensitivity setting and Editing Sensitivity setting have been added to Fortnite’s “Mouse and Keyboard” settings. With these new settings, you’re now able to adjust the sensitivity of building or editing structures to your preferred speed.
- Improved the handling turn radius of the Rogue Bike vehicle at higher speeds.
- Note: We’ve been making tweaks to reduce energy usage on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Frame rate in the Lobby will drop to 30 FPS after a period of inactivity, but will return to 60 FPS whenever you touch the controller or join a match.
- The Spring Breakout chickens and eggs, as well as the Egg Launcher and Springtime Blowout Reality Augment, are not included in competitive playlists.
- Zero Build Cups, Duos Cash Cups, and Victory Cups kick-off throughout this week. Good luck, competitors!
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed the issue involving players being asked to install Save the World even if they already had it installed.
- Fixed the issue with the Kinetic Blade’s Knockback Slash that prevented the owner from taking fall damage. (Note: The Dash Attack will still prevent fall damage.)
- Fixed an issue that was capping some mobile devices to 60 FPS despite 90 FPS being available.
- The grind rail interaction button no longer has a delay on mobile devices.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable ziplines in Party Royale. Ziplines have been re-enabled in Party Royale.
For more, check out some of our other Fortnite guides:
How to land at Hot Spots in Fortnite | Fortnite Exotic weapon locations | When does Fortnite Chapter 4, Season 3 start? | Where to find Oathbound chests in Fortnite | All Fortnite Reality Augments | What does Siphon mean in Fortnite? | What are account levels in Fortnite?
Image Credits: Epic Games