Fortnite 22.10 update patch notes: Cobra DMR, Grapple Glove, Holo-Chests, Super Level Styles
The first update of Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 has arrived with the 22.10 update bringing the brand-new Cobra DMR, unvaulting the fan-favorite Grapple Glove, and bringing the Super Level Styles to the Battle Pass. Here are the full Fortnite 22.10 patch notes.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 has got off to a flying start, shaking up the ever-popular battle royale in many interesting ways. The liquid chrome that infested the map has given us self-upgrading EvoChrome weapons to look out for, and there are plenty of new skins to unlock from Iron Man Zero to a Goat Simulator 3 crossover.
Epic aren’t resting on their laurels though, and players can bank on regular updates arriving to keep things fresh until Season 5 gets underway.
The first major update of this season has arrived, with Fortnite’s 22.10 update bringing a ton of changes to battle royale, such as the new Cobra DMR, Holo-Chests, and the Super Level Styles for Season 4’s Battle Pass.
- Cobra DMR arrives
- Holo-Chests & Exotic Holo-Chests
- Grapple Glove unvaulted
- Bytes Quests
- Super Level Styles return
- Fortnite 22.10 patch notes & bug fixes
Cobra DMR arrives with Fortnite 22.10 update
While Fortnite brought the EvoChrome weapons in Chapter 3 Season 4, the 22.10 update has brought the brand-new Cobra DMR.
Epic described the Cobra DMR as having a fast fire rate, but you’ll need “a steady hand” to control it. You’ll be able to find the Cobra DMR all over the map, “from the ground, Chests, Supply Drops, fishing, Loot Sharks, and Reality Sapling Fruit!”
Holo-Chests & Exotic Holo-Chests in Fortnite 22.10 update
Fortnite players have been using Keys to open Vaults in Season 4, and these Keys can now be used to open the 22.10 update’s Holo-Chests and Exotic Holo-Chests.
While you’ll need to spend a Key to open them, these Holo-Chests will actually reveal the item inside with a holographic preview. Plus, if you have two Keys at your disposal, you can open an Exotic Holo-Chest which, unsurprisingly, has an Exotic item inside. Again, you’ll get to see what’s inside before committing two Keys.
Grapple Glove unvaulted in Fortnite 22.10 update
While the Grapple Glove works exactly the same as it did before, you can no longer find them in Grapple Glove Toolboxes. Instead, “they can be found from the ground, Chests, Supply Drops, and Legendary and Mythic Reality Sapling Fruit.”
The Grapple Gloves will then be removed again with the 22.20 update, which is expected for October 18, but we’ll need to wait on official confirmation.
Bytes Quests in Fortnite 22.10
Fortnite’s Chapter 3 Season 4 Battle Pass includes Bytes’ The Nothing’s Gift Pickaxe on Page 2, and anyone who unlocks this will unlock the Bytes Quests with 22.10.
“Equip Bytes and complete these Quests to unlock up to seven alt Styles for The Nothing’s Gift, including The Dread Claw, Sharpened Sunburst, Razer Thorn, and more,” the developers revealed.
Super Level Styles return in Fortnite 22.10 update
Fortnite players who go above and beyond the Battle Passes 100 pages can start unlocking Super Level Styles for the Season 4 characters on October 6 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST.
With the 22.10 update, players who progress past Level 140 can start unlocking “Celestial, Spectral, and Aurelian Styles for Bytes, Lennox Rose, Paradigm (Reality-659), Meow Skulls, and Spider-Gwen.”
Fortnite update 22.10 patch notes & bug fixes
- Boogie Bombs have been vaulted in both non-competitive and competitive playlists.
- Most one-handed Pickaxes, such as the Gum Brawler and Tribute’s Flail, would previously equip by flying into the player’s hand. We’ve adjusted this to be a new equip animation in v22.10.
- In case you missed it, we recently released a balance hotfix affecting EvoChrome Shotguns and EvoChrome Burst Rifles:
- Their floor loot availability is now increased.
- Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary versions can now be found in Chrome and regular Chests.
- The damage needed to upgrade an EvoChrome weapon at each rarity tier is now greatly reduced.
- The Grapple Glove is not included in competitive playlists.
- In case you missed it, the Ranger Shotgun has recently been added to competitive playlists.
Major bug fixes
- Players on controller are now able to consistently navigate the inventory with the left thumbstick.
- Fixed an issue that caused the map to default to the Map tab even when previously closed on the Quests tab.
- Lennox Rose’s hair no longer obstructs the reticle while crouching.
- Players should no longer get stuck when phasing through Chrome-ified structures at Herald’s Sanctum.
- Chrome-ified building pieces now lose their “on fire” visual effects when the fire has ended.
- Fixed an issue that caused visual/screen effects from a Chrome Vortex to persist in specific circumstances.
- The “Reset to last saved position” button in the HUD Layout Tool on mobile is again returning all buttons to the last saved position.
- Fixed an issue involving hair clipping through headwear on several Outfits.
- Blackheart’s Character indicator is again appearing on the minimap.
- The Storm notification no longer appears towards the middle of the screen.
Image Credit: Epic Games