Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 patch notes
This newest edition of This Week at Bungie has revealed some new information about Destiny 2 and provided an insight into all the changes coming to the game. Find out what they are with the latest Destiny 2 update & patch notes.
There’s been a lot going on with Bungie and Destiny 2 recently, mostly thanks to the release of the Beyond Light expansion. Adding a new planet, new enemies, and abilities certainly generate some hype and buzz.
But as with most things, some change is always welcome to make things better. In addition to the crossover to next-gen and the commotion surrounding the Deep Stone Crypt raid, there are also gameplay changes coming to classes, items, and more.
Destiny 2 patch notes
This update is intended to fix some bugs that have been discovered since the launch of Beyond Light.
There is also information on Destiny 2 on PS5/Xbox Series X too.
Dungeons – Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora’s waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player’s class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the “Survivor” medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the “Untouchable” medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle’s description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris’s perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being “Killed by the Architects.”
This Destiny 2 update will be available to download on December 8.
Image credits: Bungie