Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 December 14 Update: Blackout Custom Games Details + More
Another day, another update from Treyarch!
Treyarch released the latest Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 across all platforms today and brought Double XP for the weekend, alongside providing additional details on what’s to come to Blackout soon.
Treyarch has also announced that Custom Games for Blackout is coming next week, with Weapon Camo support for the mode as well. Custom Games in Blackout will support up to 12 players when it launches, with more to come over time. Weapon Camos will be available in Blackout Custom Games as well.
The weekend has arrived, Operation Absolute Zero is upon us, and the holidays are nearly here. Here at Treyarch, that can mean only one thing… it’s 2XP time! Now live through 10AM PT on Dec. 17, we’ve turned on 2XP in Multiplayer and Zombies and 2X Merits in Blackout on all platforms!
We’ve also launched a limited-time mode in Blackout this weekend through 10AM PT on Dec. 17: Close Quarters Frenzy! While some of you will remember an early version of this one back in our Blackout Beta, we’ve made gameplay improvements and added more weapons in the meantime for a truly frantic fight to the center of the circle. The rules are simple:
- Outrun an even faster Collapse than usual.
- Take out your enemies using only SMGs, shotguns, pistols, launchers, and melee weapons.
- Don’t die.
We’re excited to jump into Blackout with friends this weekend in Close Quarters Frenzy in Quads… and in our next update, we’re expanding how players will interact with the mode through the introduction of Blackout Weapon Camos and Custom Games.
Weapon Camo support is coming to Blackout across the entire mode, including in Custom Games. Here’s how it works, with more details to come with our next update:
- Camos earned in Multiplayer, Zombies, and the Black Market can be applied in Blackout.
- Players set up their Weapon Camos in the new Armory menu prior to a match.
- Player will see their selected camos applied when they pick up those weapons in-game.
- Support will be included for Blackout Custom Games.
Blackout Custom Games will allow players to drop into their own private match to explore the map, visit destinations at their own pace, and practice Black Ops 4’s battle royale experience with teams of friends. As a starting point, Custom Games in Blackout will be introduced with a maximum player count of 12. As with all features in Black Ops 4, this will evolve over time as we evaluate how players are engaging with the system, and that includes increasing player count and expanding feature support.
At launch next week, Blackout Custom Games will support:
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- Up to 12 players per match
- Solos, Duos, or Quads
- Weapon Camo support
- Full character customization support
- Online only to ensure each Custom Game is up-to-date
We’re eager to see what you do when you’ve got the freedom to explore every nook and cranny of the Blackout world. Who knows how many secrets are still out there to discover?
Two additional items of note: in Blackout, we’ve increased the chances of finding Character Mission items in Zombies Stashes to help out our Blackout Character Mission hunters – and in Multiplayer, we’ve temporarily pulled Jungle from rotation to address a gameplay issue with ladders, and will return it to its rightful place in our next update.
- 2XP now live in Multiplayer and Zombies through 10AM PT Monday, Dec. 17.
- 2X Merits now live in Blackout through 10AM PT Monday, Dec. 17.
- Limited Time Mode
- Close Quarters Frenzy (Quads) now live in Blackout through 10AM PT Monday, Dec. 17.
- Character Missions
- Increased the chances of finding a Character Mission item in a Zombies Stash.
- Increased the number of Zombies Stashes that can include Character Mission items per match.