Warzone September 9 update patch notes: DMR nerf, more
The DMR was on the receiving end of changes made in the Warzone Season 5 Reloaded update that helped it look to be back in a more powerful position than before, but Raven Software has already applied a nerf with the September 9 update patch notes.
Season 5 Reloaded has officially arrived in the world of Call of Duty: Warzone, and it has brought a whole host of changes, such as a vast array of major weapon buffs and nerfs.
One of the weapons affected by the Warzone Season 5 Reloaded weapon balancing was the DMR Black Ops Cold War tactical Rifle, which dominated the Call of Duty battle royale during the beginning of the Cold War cycle.
This buff adjusted the recoil of the DMR to much more manageable levels, but it looks as though some other changes were needed, as Raven Software pushed a DMR nerf live with the September 9 update, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you below.
Warzone September 9 update patch notes
- DMR 14 (BOCW)
- Neck Multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Upper Torso Multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Fixed a visual issue with the Season Progressional menu icons.
- Fixed an issue causing some Weapons found via Supply Box or ground loot to change rarity color after being picked up by Players.
- Fixed issues causing various HUD/UI elements to appear misaligned in non-English languages.
- Fixed issues with various dynamic Weapon icons in both the menu and in-game UI.
It seems as though Raven Software thought the DMR was doing a tad too much damage with the neck multiplier and upper torso multiplier right after the Warzone Season 5 Reloaded update.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
The newfound effectiveness of this Black Ops Cold War weapon was on display soon after the update went live for the Call of Duty battle royale, as players like Repullze were quick to show that the DMR could be used as a dominating close-range weapon.
It remains to be seen if the Warzone September 9 update patch notes and their DMR nerf will make a major impact on the new close-range style players are using this Tactical Rifle for.
However, it looks as though the developers were quick to stop Season 5 Reloaded from becoming DMR Zone once again.
- Read More: Best Stoner 63 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
For more Call of Duty: Warzone, check out everything you need to know about the upcoming Iron Trials ’84 game mode and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Source: Raven Software
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software