Vanguard Season 4 Zombies: Shi No Numa map, Main Quest, Wonder Weapon, patch notes
Here’s a look at all of the content set to hit Vanguard’s Zombies mode in Season 4, including the highly anticipated new Shi No Numa map, Main Quest Easter Egg, Wonder Weapon, and more.
The Call of Duty team has revealed some exciting new content that players can expect to get their hands on in Warzone and Vanguard Season 4. Fortune’s Keep will arrive as a brand-new Warzone map, while Vanguard players will receive the USS Texas map from Call of Duty: World War II.
In Season 3, Vanguard players barely received new content, and Zombies players, in particular, had nothing new to dissect. This will finally change in Vanguard Season 4 as the classic round-based Shi No Numa map is set to shake the game up.
- Vanguard Season 4 Zombies update release date
- Vanguard Zombies new Shi No Numa map
- Vanguard Zombies Shi No Numa Main Quest & Wonder Weapon
- Vanguard Zombies Season 4 patch notes
Vanguard Season 4 Zombies update release date
The Vanguard Season 4 update arrived on June 21, with the content set to be available on June 22. The content will go live at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST.
While the majority of Season 4’s content goes towards Warzone, Zombies players have a lot to look forward to with Shi No Numa returning as a round-based map, bringing a new Main Quest and Wunderwaffe DG-2 Wonder Weapon.
Vanguard Zombies new Shi No Numa map
The devs also confirmed that the new Shi No Numa map will be available to play on day one of the Vanguard Season 4 update. This is great news for Zombies players who have been starved of new content as they can access the new map as of June 22.
This version of Shi No Numa will be a reimagining of the classic World at War Zombies map. The eerie Season 4 screenshots show that the new Shi No Numa will take place at night which should up the horror.
After constant demands from Vanguard players, the devs finally decided to deliver a round-based map. Aside from the nostalgia of the map, the round-based design is what truly has players excited, as they believe it produces the best Zombies experience.
If you remember the original Shi No Numa, you’ll enjoy rekindling your interest in the map’s unique features like the zipline, classic Flogger trap, and Electro-Shock Defenses.
Vanguard Zombies Shi No Numa Main Quest & Wonder Weapon
Zombies players were devastated when Vanguard Zombies didn’t launch with a Main Quest Easter Egg and were disappointed with Terra Maledicta’s. Fortunately, Shi No Numa brings a Main Quest Easter Egg and a new Wonder Weapon.
The devs described how players will need to “journey on a multi-step quest culminating in a devastating battle.” Those who complete the quest in full will be able to show off with a unique Calling Card.
Plus, there are “multiple side quests” and the new Wunderwaffe DG-2 Wonder Weapon for players to enjoy.
Vanguard Zombies Season 4 patch notes
The devs released a full Shi No Numa map guide ahead of Season 4’s launch if you’re interested in discovering more about the map. We’ll also put together guides for completing the Main Quest and getting the Wunderwaffe DG-2 once the content hits Vanguard.
For now, check out the Zombies portion of the Vanguard Season 4 patch notes:
- “Shi No Numa”
- Round-Based Zombies returns with Shi No Numa on June 22nd.
- The classic map elements return such as Door Buys, Flogger trap, and Electro-Shock defenses return.
- Classic Wall Buys return with round-based Zombies.
- Players can now purchase select weapons from designated Wall Buy locations.
- Starting at round six, Wall Buys will have a chance to increase in Pack-A-Punch level every round and all the way to level 3 at higher rounds.
- The odds to increase in Pack-A-Punch level improve every five rounds until all available Wall Buys become level three.
- A new area to explore… uncover its secrets.
- New Story Quest is available in “Shi No Numa” on June 22nd.
- New narrative intel is available in “Shi No Numa” to advance the Dark Aether story.
- Season Challenges
- New Season Challenges available at the start of Season Four.
- Wunderwaffe DG-2
- Available via Wonder Weapon Quest in “Shi No Numa”
- Extra DG-2 added to the Mystery Box at Round 10.
- Season Four
- UGM-8 and Marco 5 available in Zombies loadouts once unlocked via the Season 4 Battle Pass.
- Unlock Challenges
- New Weapon Unlock challenges added to Zombies for the M1916 and Nikita AVT.
- Fixed an issue where Dark Aether Tracer Rounds were not displaying when using the Accursed blueprint for the Welgun.
- Death Blow
- Now returns ammo based on a percentage of ammo used when obtaining a critical kill.
- Ammo Gremlin
- Now refills ammo at a speed based on the size of the weapon magazine.
- Round-Based Adjustments
- Sacrificial Hearts
- Players are awarded a Sacrificial Heart every three rounds in round-based modes.
- Altar of Covenants
- The Altar of Covenants inventory is refreshed every three rounds in round-based modes.
- Sacrificial Hearts
- New camos available at the Pack-a-Punch machine in “Shi No Numa.”
- Zaballa the Deceiver
- Added new attack behavior allowing Zaballa to attack without teleporting.
- Addressed various stability issues.
Image Credit: Activision