CoD Mobile Season 10 patch notes: Shadows Return release date, weapons, maps, more
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 10 is coming soon, bringing a ton of updates to the popular mobile shooter. Here’s Shadows Return’s release date, as well as the full patch notes, including the new weapons, maps, modes, and more.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9’s Nightmare is wrapping up, and Season 10, titled Shadows Return, is almost here. The devs have revealed all of the upcoming content, confirming a classic Modern Warfare map, as well as a powerful new Scorestreak.
Here’s Shadows Return’s expected release date, as well as all of the content, including the new weapons, maps, Scorestreak, buffs, and nerfs.
- CoD: Mobile Season 10 release date
- CoD: Mobile Season 10 weapons
- Vacant arrives in CoD: Mobile Season 10
- CoD: Mobile Season 10 Scorestreak
- Control arrives in CoD: Mobile
- Weapon Inspect added to CoD: Mobile
- CoD: Mobile Undead Siege removed
CoD: Mobile Season 10 release date
Call of Duty: Mobile’s devs have confirmed that Season 10 will go live on November 17 at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET / 12 AM GMT (November 18).
There isn’t usually any downtime between seasons, so it’s likely that Season 10 will begin as soon as Season 9 ends.
CoD: Mobile Season 10 weapons
CoD: Mobile’s dev team have revealed the Season 10 weapon line-up, revealing that the SVD and CBR4 will make their way to the mobile shooter.
The SVD is the Dragunov, a semi-auto Sniper Rifle that has featured in several CoD games, and it can be unlocked at Tier 21 of the Season 10 Battle Pass. The CBR4 is a fast-firing SMG that you’ll be able to unlock through a challenge later in the season.
Vacant arrives in CoD: Mobile Season 10
Call of Duty: Mobile has brought across plenty of maps from the Modern Warfare franchise, and Season 10 will bring Vacant.
- Read more: How to get a nuke in CoD Mobile
Vacant is a classic Call of Duty map, taking players to the close-knit corridors of an abandoned office building. Originally seen in Call of Duty 4, it’s also appeared in Modern Warfare 2 DLC, Modern Warfare (2019), and Warzone’s Verdansk map.
CoD: Mobile Season 10 Orbital Laser Scorestreak
CoD: Mobile Season 10 leaks have also revealed that the Orbital Laser Scorestreak could be making its way to the game.
The Energy Storm deploys a powerful beam of energy which then slowly moves through the map, killing anything it touches. You’ll unlock it at Tier 14 of the Battle Pass but there’s no confirmation on how many points you’ll need to earn to use it, though.
Control arrives in CoD: Mobile Season 10
Control is a classic Call of Duty game mode, and it’s arriving in Season 10 of CoD: Mobile.
This will see two teams fighting over bomb sites, similar to Search and Destroy, but players can respawn. Attackers need to detonate both bomb sites before the timer runs out, and defenders must stop that from happening. Teams will alternate each round, and the first to hit the score limit wins.
Weapon Inspect added to CoD: Mobile Season 10
The Weapon Inspect feature has become standard in Call of Duty, and it’s now making its way to Mobile with Season 10.
This makes your Operator bring up the weapon to look at it, giving you an excellent in-game view of all of your attachments, Camos, Charms, Stickers, and Blueprints.
Undead Siege mode removed in CoD: Mobile Season 10
A CoD: Mobile dev confirmed that Undead Siege will be removed in Season 10, but will “return in S11 with some considerable updates to it.”
The Season 11 updates are likely to be the new Hell Mode that appeared in the test server. There’s no way of knowing what will change yet but expect tougher foes.
There’s no guarantee that Hell Mode will arrive in Season 11, but it should arrive in one of the future seasons.
CoD: Mobile Season 10 patch notes
Here are the full patch notes for CoD: Mobile Season 10, covering updates to multiplayer, battle royale, weapons, maps, and more.
The Vacant map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now available on mobile!
- The Vacant Map embraces two different play styles, where close combat should feel more visceral and ranged combat focuses more on targeting skills. Players should be able to opt into their style of choice, those who make the right decision will be rewarded with victory!
New Score Streaks
Orbital Laser launches a laser in the direction indicated by the player. The laser deals continuous damage to enemies situated in the center of the beam, and slows enemies on the outer area
New Game Mode
- Each Control Game consists of multiple rounds where players rotate between playing offense and defense to score points. Number of revives are shared amongst teammates. The team scoring the most points wins the round, and the team that wins the most rounds wins the game.
- New MVP replay system will now highlight the MVP player’s two most mind-blowing skill shots instead of their final kill in game.
- Lighting in Hackney Yard has been improved to spot nearby enemies
- The railing at point A has been updated to resolve parkour glitches
- Wooden walls in the Nuketown previously did not reduce bullet damage properly, this issue has been fixed and now damage is matched with player’s expectation.
- Halloween has faded back to darkness, Hovec Sawmill is now back in the limelight (the map is now daytime)! A visual update is implemented for the water wheel.
Other MP Updates
Mode – Payout S&D
- Players can now use Payout S&D currency to purchase customized backpacks ingame.
- Winning condition has been changed to winning a total of 6 rounds instead of winning the most rounds per game.
- Fixed the issue where players cannot hip-fire their weapon while sprinting when Gung-Ho perk is equipped.
Operator Skill – The Tempest
- The Tempest has been modified that when it is fired towards the ground or wall area, the bolts of electricity will deal damage in a small area to the surrounding enemies
Scorestreak – UAV
- Updated the UAV visual where when the scan reveals the position of enemies, the red dot will appear simultaneously.
- The Operator Skills is updated now an operator of player’s choice can be selected in their loadout.
Push Notification Update
- Fixed the issue where some IOS players were unable to turn on push notifications in game.
New Loot Box Effects
- BR loot-boxes received a visual update to help players spot higher tiers of loot boxes in game.
New Game Mode
- Warfare mode is now available in Blackout.
Game Mode Adjustment
Alcatraz – Mechanism adjustment
- Alcatraz no longer includes common and uncommon attachments.
- Classes and legendary attachments may appear in the high-value crates.
- Increase the number of Classes and Class Drivers in the air drop.
Alcatraz – Class refresh rotation
- Updated the Classes that can be picked up in Alcatraz. The current rotation list is:
- Trap Master, Hacker, Poltergeist, Refitter, Desperado, Pumped
- The above content will be updated on November 26th
Other BR Updates
- Fixed the issue where the guard deck or roulette wheel will interfere the virtual joystick when used
- Fixed the issue where scopes cannot be equipped or swapped when backpack is full
- Improved backpack management by cancelling prioritization on storing enhanced attachment.
- Additional HUD animations were implemented when equipping an armor plate.
BR Battle Adjustment
- Fixed the issue where auto picked up weapons were unable to fire.
BR Map Adjustment
- Collision is modified in Blackout to reduce the chances of vehicles and airdrops getting stuck between trees.
- Sound effect is updated for Kinetic Armor.
- Action sequence for Wingsuit when players land has been modified.
- CBR4 is a controllable SMG with a large magazine, its 5.7mm bullet brings stronger penetration and smaller recoil, which can exert a strong dominance in the mid-to-close range.
- SVD is a semi-automatic sniper rifle that is highly mobile. It has a medium-to-high firing power, dealing slightly lower damage. Opponent can be easily eliminated if shot in the upper chest area.
- Another new and agile melee weapon is coming! The nunchuks, a weapon synonymous with masters of martial arts, will be available through the Hand to Hand Combat Seasonal Challenge coming later in Season 10.
In the past three seasons, we have noticed that some players did not receive enough tokens to exchange for the season rewards. In order to prioritize player’s gaming experience, we have made the following changes:
- Adopting what was implemented in 12.0, we will continue to increase the amount of weekly obtainable tokens.
- Tokens will reset every season. Previous seasonal rewards will be removed from the store and replaced by current season’s listed items. Players are guaranteed to spend their tokens before the end of each season!
- Don’t worry if you missed the chance to claim your season rewards, missed-out opportunities will make an appearance in various fashion starting the next Clan War update.
- Clan borders will now display the final rank of the clan war in the previous season, this border will remain unchanged until the current season ends.
Multiplayer and Battle Royale
Shorty’s dominance in close-range combat continues to overrule secondary shotguns. To balance out secondary shotgun options, we have adjusted Shorty’s damage, increased its shooting interval and recoil recovery, and shortened the range for lethal shots.
- Single damage: 28-20-17-15 -> 28-14-13-12
- Slightly increased recoil: base 3.57 -> 6, max 6 -> 12
The 600ms TTK has been incompatible with the current meta, we increased 1911’s close-range damage, shortened TTK to 400ms in close-range combat, and TTK to 200ms in face-to-face combat (160ms with Lightweight Trigger).
- Damage Range: 20-25-30 -> 9-20-25-30
- Damage: 26-20-17-16 -> 35-26-20-17-16
- Headshot damage ratio: 1.4 -> 1.75
- Chest and abdomen damage ratio: 1 -> 1.15
The penta burst mode tends to affect aiming accuracy, which creates a skill barrier for players. Therefore, we shortened the burst interval and increased the magazine capacity to increase accuracy.
- Burst interval: 0.2 -> 0.16
- Default magazine capacity: 36 -> 40
- Expanded magazine capacity: 44 -> 52
- Magazine capacity: 40 -> 50
- Damage to the chest and arms: range within 0~40m: 24 -> 26, range 40m or further: 21 -> 23
We are buffing Type 25 because it is lacking damage even with a Stopping Power Reload, its TTK also did not show an advantage in close combat.
Therefore, both fire rate and damage to the abdomen have been increased to improve close combat effectiveness. The damage of Stopping Power Reload is increased without affecting the MP’s original TTK.
- Decrease in horizontal recoil by 30% and the vertical recoil by 20%
- Fire Rate: RPM 790 -> 857
- Damage to the abdomen: 24 -> 26
Stopping Power Reload
- Vertical recoil: +8% -> +20%
- Horizontal recoil: +0% -> +15%
- Damage: 25-23-20-19-16 -> 28-24-21-19-16
- Remove reload time debuff
Man-O-war’s high damage spread, low firing rate and high recoil is making the actual TTK differ from the theoretical value.
- The trajectory of the first 6 bullets is slightly adjusted to fix this issue.
- Adjust vertical recoil
- Decrease the ADS bullet spread: about 5%
MX9 was initially designed for players to gain a suppression advantage at close range when optimizing combat positioning and recoil control during high movement speed game plays. However, its high base damage and smooth recoil curve drastically increased its accuracy, making it easy to hit the upper body area during combat.
Therefore, the base damage is slightly reduced and recoil curve is adjusted to put a higher emphasis on player positioning during combat.
- Base damage: 30-24-16-15 -> 25-21-18-16
- Increased horizontal recoil
R9-0’s long sprint-to-fire delay and unique pumping mechanism seems to give players a sense of lag during combat. The sprint-to-fire delay and pump time are slightly reduced to improve player experience.
- Sprint-to-fire delay: 0.25 -> 0.2
- Bolt time: 0.5 -> 0.4
In order to adapt to the hp in Payout S&D, DLQ33’s damage to the chest, abdomen and arms is slightly increased to ensure a fully armored target can be killed. This adjustment will not change the TTK in MP mode.
- Damage to chest, abdomen, and arms: 135 -> 150
Perk – Speed Up Kill
We are adjusting Speed Up Kill Perk because its movement speed bonus is allowing mechanical players to take on multiple opponents at once.
Therefore, the movement speed bonus of the perk will remain unchanged, the player’s movement speed bonus will be removed, the reloading bolt action remains unchanged, and player tactics such as slide jumping will no longer scale with movement speed bonus.
- Movement speed bonus: 10% -> 0%
Recoil recovery adjustment for semi-automatic weapons
Players can change camera angle to cancel recoil recovery animation while using marksman and sniper rifles.Launcher
Launchers have always been a tricky weapon to balance in CODM. We want our players to utilize different launchers based on tactical decisions, and not abuse its power in game. Therefore, each launcher’s mobility and damage stats are now shown separately to assist players in analyzing in-game situations. We hope this change opens up more opportunities for strategic gameplay.
● Fixed the issue where AOE damage did not take effect simultaneously after launcher weapons were used.
● Weapons that were previously affected by this issue: War Machine, Sparrow, FHJ-18, SMRS, Thumper, AMR with Explosive Mag.
FHJ-18 is the best countermeasure to Scorestreaks and vehicles, we hope the following adjustments enhance its performance against them.
● Initial flight speed: 30m/s -> 60m/s, maximum speed unchanged.
SMRS has become a popular launcher due to its accessibility in different game modes. However, we noticed an underperformance of SMRS when it is used to fire at vehicles in MP, and an overpowering situation when it is used in BR mode. The following adjustments are implemented to balance the weapon performance.
● Direct Hit Damage in MP: 160 -> 300
● Explosion Range in MP: 3.5m -> 2.1m, the range for lethal damage remains unchanged.
● Direct Hit Damage in BR: 300 -> 290
● Initial flight speed in BR: 120m/s -> 80m/s, maximum speed unchanged.
We have been reluctant on buffing the Thumper because it could easily turn the tables on many situations. However, we noticed that the Thumper has been underperforming especially when being used against vehicles and during streak kills. Therefore, the damage of the Thumper has been cautiously adjusted to meet player’s expectation.
● Direct Hit Damage in MP: 130 -> 160
● Minimum Damage in MP: 10 -> 1
● Explosion Range in MP: 4m -> 3.5m, range for lethal damage increased by 30%
Map – Terminal
- Airport restaurant sofas and aircraft seats are often used as a powerful defensive mechanism. Models and collision of these items are now adjusted to increase counterplay measures.
Map – Scrapyard 2019
- Fixed the issue where the actual collision of the wing debris was larger than the designed model, and was blocking bullets in the midfield of Scrapyard.
Map – Crossfire
- Fixed the issue where players vanish when they’re in certain positions on the second floor of the Crossfire Laundry Room and become visible when they are on the bus.
Perk – Martyrdom
- Slightly shortened the explosion delay time.
Perk – Quick Fix
- Fixed the issue where Quick Fix continues to regenerate health despite taking damage. In addition, players are now limited to a single instance of Quick Fix every 2 seconds regardless of successive kills.
Tactical – Gas Grenade
- Reduced the deceleration rate; slightly reduced the range of action.
Score Streak – Hawk X3
- Slightly reduce firing spread.
Operator Skill – K9 Unit
- Increased K9 Unit’s movement speed.
- The damage of Nova Gas has been adjusted accordingly to deduct only the hp and not the armor.
Safe Zone Shrinking adjustment
- The first Safe Zone shrinking time is delayed to allow a slower pace in the early gameplay. We also reduced the damage of the first three outside safe zone fields in Blackout and Isolated.
Character Movement adjustment
- Swimming speed is decreased and ADS movement speed is increased while character is in water
Match/Ranked Match Update
- Additional highlight clips are available for top 5000 legendary players.
- Adjusted ranking algorithm where defeated teams in a very close matchup will lose fewer rank points
- Shortened queue time for evening players
- Updated Rank Lobby screen allowing players to have easier access to see the start and end date of the season.
- Fixed the issue of long queue time for certain MP rank matches.
- Player’s win streak will no longer be affected if they queued into the middle of a MP match and lost that game.
- Improved the matchmaking function by grouping players with similar skill-level in the same BR.
- Updated Rank Lobby screen allowing players to have easier access to see the start and end date of the season.
Other System Updates
Weapon Inspection feature is added. Players can use this feature by holding down the inspection button in the center of the emoji wheel or turn on the independent inspection button in the settings.
Players may send invitations to reserve their friends when their friends are still in game – team up with a friend and play 5 games to unlock this new reservation function!
A new praise system is added allowing players to give a thumbs up to the most outstanding teammate or opponent after the game.FOV setting
A new FOV setting is available for players to adjust their FOV while using different weapons.
A more realistic transition for the aim through scopes is added to provide a better FOV when aiming.
- After the update, players can experience this feature by switching on the “Realistic Sight Effects” in the Audio and Graphics Settings.
- The weapons and sights that were not implemented with this effect will be included in future updates.
A new Shader Preload setting is available in audio/graphics settings to help enhance player gaming experience.
Players who routinely experience frame drop due to overheating devices can enable MEMC function in the audio/graphics settings. This additional function is implemented to help such players experience a higher framerate in game.
For the time being, MEMC only supports BR game mode when frame rate is set to ‘Max’ or above and is limited to certain Android devices. MEMC will gradually be introduced to all devices in future updates.
And that’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Mobile’s Season 10 update. Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for all updates, and check out the best Swordfish loadout for Season 9!
SOURCE: CoD Mobile devs via Reddit
Image Credit: Activision