Battlefield 2042 Battle of Nordvik event: Start date, game modes, rewards
Battlefield 2042 devs DICE have revealed the Battle of Nordvik event in Season 3, bringing new game modes and exclusive rewards over three weeks.
Battlefield 2042 Season 3 is in full swing, having brought the game to Xbox Game Pass and introducing a new Specialist, the Spearhead map, and new weapons. The classic Class system is set to return in the new year, and DICE have included a new event to keep players busy over the Holidays.
The Battle of Nordvik event takes place over three weeks, introducing the Nordvik Control Corps and Black Storm factions, offering players a new game mode and rewards to unlock each week.
Here’s everything you need to know about Battlefield 2042’s Battle of Nordvik event including the schedule, game modes, and rewards.
Battlefield 2042 Battle of Nordvik event start & end date
Battlefield 2042’s Battle of Nordvik event will last three weeks, kicking off on December 20, 2022, and wrapping up on January 10, 2023.
Each week of the Battle of Nordvik event will bring a new game mode and exclusive rewards to earn.
Battlefield 2042 Battle of Nordvik event game mode schedule
The Battle of Nordvik event will bring three different game modes — Conquest Assault, Retribution, and Breakthrough Chaos — to Battlefield 2042 Season 3’s Spearhead map, rotating each week.
Here’s the game mode schedule for Battlefield 2042’s Battle of Nordvik event.
- Conquest Assault: December 20-27
- Retribution: December 27 – January 3
- Breakthrough Chaos: January 3-10
Conquest Assault is a returning Battlefield mode where the defending team starts by holding all of the objectives and the attackers must capture these objectives. If the attackers control every flag, then they win the round.
Retribution is a brand-new mode for the Battle of Nordvik event, with this 16v16 mode combining “elements of Conquest, Breakthrough and Rush into a single mode where attackers fight their way towards the frontlines while securing objectives along the way. ”
Pushing the enemies back to the final objectives will initiate the classic Rush mode where the attackers must destroy M-COMS around the facility.
And finally, Breakthrough Chaos has taken the standard Battlefield 2042 mode and increased the chaos, adding 128 players, faster movement speed, quicker redeploy times, and faster vehicle call-ins.
Bear in mind that 128 players are only supported on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5, so last-gen console players will play the mode with 64 players.
Battlefield 2042 Battle of Nordvik event rewards
Battlefield 2042’s Battle of Nordvik event brings cosmetic rewards to earn, free items to claim, as well as brand-new Store bundles to purchase. Rewards can be earned by getting Ribbons in each week’s game mode, and be sure to head to the Store to claim the free items.
Here are all of the items available in the Battle of Nordvik event.
Battle of Nordvik event Week 1 rewards
- 5 Ribbons – Epic “Raider” Headgear for Sundance
- 12 Ribbons – Epic “Revelation” Weapon Skin for the MP9
- 20 Ribbons – Epic “Death” Outfit for Casper
Free Store Items
- Rare “Watchman” Outfit for Crawford
- Epic “Bastion” Headgear for Crawford
Epic Twilight Strike Store Bundle – 2400 Battlefield Coins
- “Pestilence” Outfit for Falck
- “War” Outfit for Mackay
- “Famine” Outfit for Lis
- “Doomsday” Weapon Skin for the BSV-M
- “Cataclysm” Weapon Skin for the PBX-45
- “Chromite” Weapon Skin for the AC-42
- “Pale Horse” Vehicle Skin for the M1A5
Battle of Nordvik event Week 2 rewards
- 5 Ribbons – Epic “Bastion” Headgear for Falck
- 12 Ribbons – Rare “Marauder” Outfit for Mackay
- 20 Ribbons – Epic “Overseer” Outfit for Irish
Free Store Items
- Rare “Marauder” Outfit for Falck
- Epic “Raider” Headgear for Falck
Epic Nordvik Gunner Store Bundle – 1400 Battlefield Coins
- “Archangel” Outfit for Sundance
- “Bulwark” Outfit for Boris
- “Atomizer” Weapon Skin for the VCAR
- “Incendiary” Weapon Skin for the PBX-45
- “Fusehead” Weapon Skin for the SWS-10
Battle of Nordvik event Week 3 rewards
- 5 Ribbons – Rare “Watchman” Rare Outfit for Angel
- 12 Ribbons – Epic “Hell Fire” Weapons Skin for the MCS-880
- 20 Ribbons – Epic “Thermobaric” Vehicle Skin
Free Store Content
- Rare “Watchman” Outfit for Casper
- Epic “Bastion” Headgear for Casper
For more on what’s to come with Battlefield 2042, be sure to check out everything we know about the Season 4 update.
Image Credit: DICE / EA