Raven Software is pushing a new update live for Call of Duty: warzone, and it delivers the promised MG 82 nerf for the dominating Season 4 weapon.
The dominating nature of the MG 82 LMG led to a large majority of the Warzone community calling for it to be significantly nerfed.
Raven Software promised that it would apply a nerf to this Season 4 weapon, and it delivered with the MG 82 LMG being nerfed in the Warzone June 22 update patch notes.
Warzone June 22 update patch notes
- Some thoughts on Perks…
- We are exploring all avenues in terms of changes to provide ‘fair’ and ‘reactable’ counterplay options to Dead Silence. A decision like this must be made carefully especially considering how it may destabilize other aspects of the game. We cannot promise anything at this moment but as we close in on an appropriate solution, we will share more details. Sit tight.
- Light Machine Guns
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 29
- Minimum Damage decreased from 28 to 27
- Maximum Damage range decreased by 20%
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 1.3 to 1.2
- Upper Chest multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Extremities multiplier decreased from 1 to .9
- Vertical and Horizontal Recoil increased
- We had envisioned the MG 82 (BOCW) as a short to mid-range Light Machine Gun given its relatively fast handling, mobility, and rate of fire. However, it also retained many powerful LMG traits like damage profile, bullet velocity, and magazine size all while having negligible recoil. These factors in combination created one of the most dominant weapons to land in Verdansk. Do not be deceived by the magnitude of these changes. The damage per magazine and rate of fire is still top tier so we expect the MG 82 to remain viable.
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Submachine Guns
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- We will be keeping a close eye on the Nail Gun (BOCW). We feel it kills about a bullet faster than we would like. With extremely low rate of fire Weapons, they can be on a razor’s edge of balance wherein missing a single shot can turn an incredibly fast Time to Kill into one of the slowest in its class. This is not the case with the Nail Gun (BOCW) now, but if it required an additional bullet to kill and nothing else changed, it likely would be. So, we may push and pull on some of its functionality to ensure that it fulfills its role as a highly mobile, close range, full-auto dominator that can rival shotgun TTKs but rapidly wanes in efficacy the further enemies are from you. They are just nails after all.
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Players to have to restart the game in order to unlock a gifted Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue causing tier skips to not apply properly when receiving a gifted Battle Pass Bundle.
- Fixed a locked control room door in Salt Mine that was killing Players instantly upon contact.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to lose control of their Operator after walking through a Red Door if another Player had previously died while going through it.
- Fixed an issue where using some QBZ-83 (BOCW) Blueprints would cause Players to crash.
Source: Raven Software
Best Legends in Apex Legends Season 15: Every character ranked
Like any update for Apex Legends, Season 15 brought changes to the meta. Here are the best Legends to use...
Best LMGs in Warzone 2: Every Season 1 Light Machine Gun ranked
Here's every LMG in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 ranked from best to worst, so you know which weapons to...
Modern Warfare 2 player reveals how to take down a VTOL in just 7 seconds
This trick will allow you to swiftly take down Modern Warfare 2 VTOLs in just 7 seconds without the need...